INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An install option to only associate audio files?  (Read 790 times)

Swordsman

• Recent member
  • There can be only one...
An install option to only associate audio files?
« on: March 11, 2003, 04:10:33 pm »

I was wondering how difficult it would be to add a button during install of MC9 that would allow you to only associate audio files.  I do not wish to use MC9 for images or video, but it is a pain to go through the list and deselect the ones I don't want MC9 to open.  And yes, I know MJ8 would only do audio but I would rather use the advanced features in MC9.  Any thoughts?

nila

Re: An install option to only associate audio file
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 01:43:03 am »

Yeah.
This one I agree with.
It needs to have basic installation options of: audio/video/image so that beginners can easily choose what associations to have. There can then be an 'advanced' button which lets us choose individually.

For me I recognise all the file types so it's no problem. For all the computer beginners they dont recognise them and so MJ will get a reputation like Real used to have of stealing all file associations.
I've already seen this happen with a friend who installed MJ and started complaining to me that their images were all opening in MJ now and not in ACDSee any more. They REALLY didn't like this and didn't know why it had happened.

zevele10

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 02:59:13 am »

or ,in options  Files Association to have music AND images section

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 08:58:25 pm »

I also don't care that MC takes all file types, but I strongly agree that this should be made more easily selectable. There was a time that I used to use a lot of different programs for different types, and this would have really pissed me off then.

-Lou
Pages: [1]   Go Up