INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing the MC main window information section  (Read 935 times)

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
Changing the MC main window information section
« on: June 18, 2022, 08:59:02 am »

It was possible to change the information MC shows on the main window. When nothing plays, it says "JRiver Media Center 28" and when music plays it shows the title, etc. This option is either gone or I can't find it anymore. Any help?

Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changing the MC main window information section
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 09:20:11 am »

Yup :)

Right click up there where it says "JRiver Media Center 28" and choose "Customise Display", then knock yourself out.

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 10:10:25 am »

Thanks for the reply!
Unfortunatelly I don't have that option with my copy of MC 28. I am on a laptop (using the trackpad) and always used MC on a laptop and I remember being able to change it. So, it's either a MC 28 thing or a thing with the M1 Macbook Air. Before blaming the computer I would like to find out if it works with the latest build of MC 28. I see you are using MC 29, so I might try out that version to see if changes were made on the MC side.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 10:15:15 am »

erm... apologies. I replied to your post from a list of recent posts and totally missed that you were posting in the Mac forums.

The only recent change in that area that I'm aware of, is that you used to get that menu from a left click, or a right click. Both produced the same menu. The change removed the left click which now does nothing.

Did you try the Mac equivalent of a Windows right click?

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 11:18:30 am »

No worries - I appreciate you taking the time to look into that problem!  :)

Yes, I tried everything I can think of regarding opening a menu with a trackpad. I used to be able to change that in previous MC versions with a laptop, but wasn't sure how this was be done in the first place (and I didn't know where to look in the wiki). So, thanks for that information! I now can look more into it.

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 09:23:21 am »

For the record: I finally could somehow open the dialogue with the laptop's trackpad and change the settings. I have no idea what I did, but now that I know that it is possible, and just a bit tricky, I am somehow reliefed.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up