INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Google Assistant Integration  (Read 1474 times)

dhiggins

• World Citizen
Google Assistant Integration
« on: July 05, 2022, 09:05:35 am »

Well, Damn

So, after a ton of work, and just getting up to speed with the Google assistant API, I actually have a somewhat passable version of a google assistant integration with JRiver functional.

And then Google announces just a week or so ago that the Conversational Actions API (which it's all based on), is being sunsetted middle of next year.

Ugh.

Oh well. Might be time to nuke my Google ecosystem and move to Alexa, even though I hate Amazon. I'm starting to hate Google more.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Google Assistant Integration
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 03:16:34 pm »

Well, Damn

So, after a ton of work, and just getting up to speed with the Google assistant API, I actually have a somewhat passable version of a google assistant integration with JRiver functional.

And then Google announces just a week or so ago that the Conversational Actions API (which it's all based on), is being sunsetted middle of next year.

Ugh.

Oh well. Might be time to nuke my Google ecosystem and move to Alexa, even though I hate Amazon. I'm starting to hate Google more.

Look into this: http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7429

Combined with MCC commands, while tedious to setup initially, it's been working flawlessly for me for years.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

dhiggins

• World Citizen
Re: Google Assistant Integration
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 06:18:09 pm »

Hey there

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't heard of event ghost but it really looks interesting. Have you ever worked with HomeAssistant? I was wondering if the two of them would work together in some way.

Regardless, I think I may have an alternate solution.

I've got a few more things to try but I'll post back if I can get something working!

Pages: [1]   Go Up