INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename move copy does not move files  (Read 641 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Rename move copy does not move files
« on: July 05, 2022, 01:01:45 pm »

Recently got myself a new Macbook Pro M1 ;D

I mount network shares and I have read/write permissions. I checked by manually creating, moving and deleting files and folders.

New music files to be imported are placed in /Volumes/network_import.
With MC, I check and correct any tagging issues and then rename and move them to /Volumes/network_music.

The preview window shows the changes just fine, and when I accept it, the database is changed to the new location, but the files are never moved.

Any ideas what might be going on please?

Also, is there any news on this bug?
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128575.msg894004.html#msg894004

Its been around for a while and it plagues Linux version too.

Thanks!

Edit: I thought I had found something in Security & privacy, Allow full disk access to all files and folders, but that seems to be for local files, not network shares? I'm not sure but it didn't help after a restart of MC, unfortunately.

blgentry

Re: Rename move copy does not move files
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 01:19:33 pm »

Are you sure the MODE in RM&C is set to Move?  I know that's very basic, but it's the only thing I can think of.

I just tested this with MC 29.0.58.  I moved an album and all it's tracks from one folder to another (different hierarchy on disk).  It worked correctly.  I also moved them back with no trouble.  I do not use a NAS. Not sure if that would play into this or not.

Brian.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 01:31:59 pm »

Are you sure the MODE in RM&C is set to Move?  I know that's very basic, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Things like that never happen to me! ;D :-X :-[

Thanks that was it. Sometimes its the simple things haha. I never bothered to look at it because I never change it. I must have accidentally changed it while getting used to the new controls on the Mac.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 06:03:55 pm »

:)

Pages: [1]   Go Up