INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS and Spotlight  (Read 460 times)

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MCWS and Spotlight
« on: July 06, 2022, 12:17:23 am »

29.0.66 (6/27/2022)

1. NEW: Add SHOW_THEATER_VIEW_MODE_SPOTLIGHT (13) to MCC_THEATER_VIEW which shows the Spotlight page for the currently playing file.

I am not a computer scientist, but a simple JR user, so I have difficulty understanding how to use these command lines.

I took a look at the wiki, and I understand that I could use a button on the remote to start spotlight, is that correct?

But how should I proceed?

Thank you

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: MCWS and Spotlight
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 09:13:03 am »

I took a look at the wiki, and I understand that I could use a button on the remote to start spotlight, is that correct?

Yes, if you are using a remote control for Theater View open Tools | Options | Remote Control.  Click on Commands | Add | Custom.  Give it a name and then click on Add Command.  Select Theater View: Spotlight and then click OK to close the dialog.  Make sure the new command is selected in the list, click Start Learning, and press the button on your remote control that you want to map to this command.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 12:30:17 pm »

Thank you for the detailed description of the steps to be taken. :)

I managed to create this new command, (even if in the end I discovered that it was already present and it was enough just to associate it with the remote control) unfortunately it does not work. By operating the remote control, I can simply switch to Theater View wherever I am; for example from Standard View I switch to Theater View.

If I select a movie and then click on the Theater View: Spotlight command, nothing happens.

I tried to associate the other commands with the remote control, and they all work.

Where am I wrong? :-\

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 12:38:40 pm »

If I select a movie and then click on the Theater View: Spotlight command, nothing happens.

It shows Spotlight for the current file in the Playing Now queue so make sure the queue is not empty.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up