INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: latest mc on Mac, cant move window to second screen  (Read 963 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
latest mc on Mac, cant move window to second screen
« on: July 09, 2022, 10:45:29 am »

hi all

trying MC again on Mac after a while.

things are generally good but for some bizarre reason I cant move the mc window to second screen (any other Mac app works just fine) and it won't work with moon or any other WM key combo app

is this a known issue?

best

Z

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

When I use MC29 on my M1 MacBook Pro I see some slightly strange behavior regarding 2 screens.

* I sometimes can't get a right click to work when MC is on the laptop screen.
* Extra windows like the Options window will usually open on the screen that the Mac designates as the "main screen", even if MC is on a different screen.

However, I have always been able to move the MC window to any of the 3 screens I use with that system.  What happens when you try to move it?

I do not know what "moon" is in relation to a Mac or MC.
I am guessing that a a "WM key combo app" is for Windows Media keys, but that's just a guess.  I use Alfred to map keyboard keys to doing things like Play/Pause, next track, etc in MC and it works great.  Alfred in general is pretty fantastic.

Brian.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
Re: latest mc on Mac, can't move window to second screen
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 01:12:20 am »

Hi again

yes this is a M1 MBP 2021 with latest MC and latest MacOS.

What happens when you try to move it?

it just won't move to the screen above (non primary) and won't let me drag it to that screen. ALL other apps works flawlessly

moon is a just a window manager (https://manytricks.com/moom/) but all other WM I try are the same, they cant seem to control MC at all

happy to help debug this further

best

Z

blgentry

Re: latest mc on Mac, cant move window to second screen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 08:03:08 am »

Oh, MOOM.  You keep typing "moon" (it's probably autocorrect).  In any case, yes I know moom, but I have not used it so can't comment.  Do you have that installed on your M1?  If so, maybe that's what's going on with you not being able to move the window to another screen.

When I start to move a window to another screen, I see an outline of the window, on the new screen, as I move it over.  Do you get an outline at all?  Or does it just get to the edge and stop?  Have you tried making the MC window smaller than your first screen and then moving it around in that screen?

As for using Mac window managers with MC:  I suspect that this isn't going to work well.  This is because MC isn't authored using the standard Mac toolkit for windowing.  That's why it looks different than most Mac programs.  That's why it doesn't do full screen the same way others do.

Brian.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 08:41:31 am »

Hi again

Or does it just get to the edge and stop?

exactly what happens! all other apps can keep moving to other screen

yeah moom (and yes this time I notice the silly auto correct..lol :) ) is on my M1 but it works very well with all other apps

thx!

Z

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 12:51:37 am »

no one?

I have to say I have nothing but love for MC and the whole team and have been using it (on and off since 2005!) but its been really hard to use it on the Mac (when I switched a few years ago)...

I have had several issues  (such as https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131607.msg912487.html#msg912487) which I have just not gotten any support for and the issues are still present...

again nothing but love for MC and the team but for me these are sever issues that make it impossible to use MC...

best

Z

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 02:56:12 pm »

I suspect that MOOM has something to do with the issue you are reporting here.  I was going to recommend that you disable or uninstall MOOM as a test.  Not sure what's involved in that, but if it's just deleting the app then it should be quite easy to test it and reinstall after.

I re-read the thread about your other issue and saw that I had participated in that thread when it was current.  Sorry I wasn't able to offer any real help there.  I'm just an end user like you, trying to help out my fellow users.

Good luck.
Brian.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 06:50:03 am »

thx @bblgentry

sadly disabling or even uninstalling moon doesn't help

thx again for your kind help

Pages: [1]   Go Up