INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback speed increase?  (Read 1215 times)

rogueblue

• World Citizen
Playback speed increase?
« on: July 10, 2022, 12:55:20 pm »

Hi

Is there any way to increase playback speed while a video is playing (shortcut keys or context menu) while video is playing as in VLC player?
I only see a way to slow down speed.

TIA

rogueblue

• World Citizen
Re: Playback speed increase?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 06:54:45 am »

So there is no way to increase playback speed of videos?

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 04:59:17 pm »

Seeing no response i assume it's not possible ... any chance to add this feature?
Many other media plaers has this as standard from VLC to players on Ios, android and pc.
It would be very very handy to be able to easily speed up a "talking/narrative" video especially if the person speaking is doing it slowly.
Currently I have to resort to alternative players now to do so ... having bought MC and using it to organize all my videos and audio books, I'd obviously prefer to have it possible within

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 07:56:00 pm »

When playing a video and you select one of the Slow Motion options from the context menu, it automatically launches Tempo & Pitch options within the DSP dialog. Moving the top slider for Tempo (aka speed) to the right of the slider's midpoint increases speed, moving to the left decreases the speed.

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 03:29:50 am »

Aha! Wish someone told me that before, thanks!
Probably would be helpful to have "increase speed" option in context menu so a user is aware of it.
Is there any way to control the speed (increase and decrease and reset) via keyboard shortcuts (like up arrow/down arrow for example) and if not might there be any possibility to make this feature possible?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 10:28:20 am »

You can find all of MC's keyboard shortcuts here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys

As you will find there, holding the control key while pressing the right/left direction arrows, increases/decreases the playback speed.  Each successive arrow press cycles through 5X, 20X, 100X.  Press enter to return to normal playback. Note that fast playback is not smooth like it is when you use the Tempo slider bar in the DSP dialog (which maxes out at 3X) - also, there is no sound when using the keyboard shortcuts. The ability to fast-forward more quickly may be what you're looking for to begin with.

FYI, I don't use MC for movies much at all, so I wasn't familiar with what it could or could not do. I found all this out simply by looking in the wiki and experimenting... just a thought for problems you may encounter in the future.

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 01:38:33 pm »

You can find all of MC's keyboard shortcuts here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys

As you will find there, holding the control key while pressing the right/left direction arrows, increases/decreases the playback speed.  Each successive arrow press cycles through 5X, 20X, 100X.  Press enter to return to normal playback. Note that fast playback is not smooth like it is when you use the Tempo slider bar in the DSP dialog (which maxes out at 3X) - also, there is no sound when using the keyboard shortcuts. The ability to fast-forward more quickly may be what you're looking for to begin with.

FYI, I don't use MC for movies much at all, so I wasn't familiar with what it could or could not do. I found all this out simply by looking in the wiki and experimenting... just a thought for problems you may encounter in the future.

Hi, thanks for this ... and yes I did look through the wiki keyboard shortcuts but didn't notice anything that would advance as in "pitch" with DSP ... still hope it can be added if it is not somewhere avaialbe already.
The "fast-forward" doesn't help as it's specifically for the sound that I wish to speed up the video when necessary (when there is slow narrating)

kr37

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2023, 12:41:59 am »

I also am looking for increase/decrease playback speed, which is what you get in DSP by adjusting Tempo. But Ctrl-Left/Right Arrow does not give me that. It skips forward and back. This is on MC30. Any further suggestions? I would dearly love to have that as a keyboard shortcut.

Edit: Oops, maybe I should have started a new thread. I'm wanting this with audio.

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2023, 02:36:40 am »

It's unfortunate that MC doesn't have this and devs appear uninterested to add it. Many apps, even those with much less capabilities, DO have this as a basic option by simply using modifier key + arrow, beyond me why MC doesn't.
PS ... the DSP "adjust tempo' asl only seems to adjust the sound, not really the overall playback speed (picture and sound).
Also silly that MC gives ability to slow down, but not to speed up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up