INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can JRiver for Mac decode truehd?  (Read 715 times)

rt211

Can JRiver for Mac decode truehd?
« on: July 14, 2022, 01:28:54 am »

I would like to set up a 5.1 system with Dirac,using a multi-channel dac interface to drive active monitors.I found that the best solution is to use JRiver because JRiver can apply dirac for room correct at the same time.

But I noticed that the coreaudio API for macOS does not support truehd.So that means even JRiver can't decode truehd on macOS?Does JRiver rely on the coreaudio API when decoding audio?

Sashaaa

• Recent member
Re: Can JRiver for Mac decode truehd?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 09:46:51 pm »

I would like to set up a 5.1 system with Dirac,using a multi-channel dac interface to drive active monitors.I found that the best solution is to use JRiver because JRiver can apply dirac for room correct at the same time.

But I noticed that the coreaudio API for macOS does not support truehd.So that means even JRiver can't decode truehd on macOS?Does JRiver rely on the coreaudio API when decoding audio?
I don't personally have my 5.1 setup in working order right now, but I recently imported a bunch of .mka Dolby Atmos TrueHD 7.1 files and they seem to play just fine (albeit only being played through 2 channels). The only issue I'm having with them is unrelated to TrueHD decoding and that's the .mka files not showing up tagged in my library for some reason, but that's another issue unrelated to your question. I've found that JRiver plays more formats than any other app for macos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up