INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 29.0.74 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 3362 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 29.0.74 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: July 15, 2022, 02:36:07 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 29.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290074-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290074.exe (works on all systems)

29.0.74 (7/14/2022)

Fixed: The ";" with "; " replacement wasn't working properly in build 73.

29.0.73 (7/14/2022)

1. Changed: Switched the expression syntax so optional parameters don't get broken up for translation (was using optional:, now uses optional,).
2. Changed: Ran all the translations through the tool to update to the latest strings from the source code.
3. Changed: Made the volume for the scheduler go from 0 to 100 instead of 0 to 1.
4. Changed: Only fields would get ";" replaced with "; " at display time.  Now list style expressions are evaluated as well.
5. Changed: Added RM to the list of default import types.

29.0.72 (7/13/2022)

1. Fixed: Spotlight would sometimes use thumbnails for data files if tagged with same album name.
2. NEW: Scheduler playback can fade the volume up as it starts playback.
3. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).

29.0.71 (7/12/2022)

1. Fixed: Spotlight button is hidden for media types that are not supported.
2. Fixed: Corrected the list header image for ModernCards Dark (thanks Marko).
3. NEW: Manage Links allows creating a link that's a program on the computer with parameters.
4. Fixed: If a TV station replaces a longer program with two or more shorter programs, EPG update would erroneously delete a valid program and create a "Program info not available" entry.
5. NEW: Added the more play option "Add (album as next to play)".
6. NEW: When unfreezing a column, it will be restored back to the original position it was at when it was frozen.
7. NEW: Next to the "Edit in Popup" button in the Tag window, there is also a close button to make the field not expanded.
8. Changed: The entire PlaybackInfo tag, instead of just some of the properties, saved in a TV channel is transferred to TV recordings on the channel.

29.0.70 (7/8/2022)

1. NEW: Made kernel streaming optional in Options > General > Advanced.
2. Changed: When kernel streaming enumerates devices, it turns off kernel streaming, does the work, and turns it on if it works.  This way a crash will turn off kernel streaming.

29.0.69 (7/7/2022)

1. Changed: The cover view toolbar button shows in all views now (Playing Now, Cloudplay, etc.).
2. Changed: Artist Spotlight uses local cover art for albums in your library.
3. NEW: Artist Spotlight shows albums in your library that were not matched in internet search.
4. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
5. NEW: Configuration Profiles for JRVR (video renderer).
6. Changed: The PlaylistTime expression takes an optional parameter to specify if the value should be formatted (defaults to yes, returns raw milliseconds if not).
7. NEW: Added a User() expression function to return the name of the current user.

29.0.68 (7/5/2022)

1. Fixed: The zooming and center shift properties were not passed to client playback file during client playback of live TV channels.
2. Fixed: Setting allow custom data override would not work properly in Panes if the data type was set to list.
3. Fixed: The combobox to pick library field flags could open again after closing in some cases (may apply to other combos as well).
4. Changed: When you set the view name for a library view, it will no longer be overridden when you select another location or template.
5. NEW: Added a preset button to the Fill Properties From Filename tool.
6. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).

29.0.67 (6/30/2022)

1. Changed: Expanded options to repeat EPG loading every 2, 3, or 7 days.
2. Fixed: Handheld filename rules with a dot did not work nicely as everything after the dot was read as the extension.
3. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
4. NEW: Zooming and center shifting of video position during live TV playback will cause these properties to be saved for the TV channel so that the same will be applied the next time the channel is played.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

comox

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 29.0.74 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 11:31:08 am »

1. Fixed: Spotlight would sometimes use thumbnails for data files if tagged with same album name.

Confirming this did not fix the same problem with List Style: Album Thumbnails.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 06:39:18 am »

Split Browser Engine Problem

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 01:37:13 pm »

Confirming this did not fix the same problem with List Style: Album Thumbnails.

Sorry, I don't think there is a good way to change this because you have a mixed view and we don't know which thumbnail you want to see.

If you have the images and data files in the same directory as the audio files, this sounds like a good case for using "extras".  Right click on an audio file and see "View Extras" at the bottom of the menu.  It should already show the images there, and we could add additional file types for extras if your data files are not showing up.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 03:15:29 pm »

Sorry, I don't think there is a good way to change this because you have a mixed view and we don't know which thumbnail you want to see.

If you have the images and data files in the same directory as the audio files, this sounds like a good case for using "extras".  Right click on an audio file and see "View Extras" at the bottom of the menu.  It should already show the images there, and we could add additional file types for extras if your data files are not showing up.

Reasonable people can disagree on this. I disagree with you but I have lived with it for many years and I will continue to do so.

I already do as you suggest and filter my views to audio only to get the correct album thumbnail and then use view extras to see my info files. I would prefer to see all of my imported files in the view and have the album thumbnail extracted from the audio, like Spotlight does.

Matt recently added the mht file type for me so I'm all good with file types for extras.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 12:15:45 am »

I thought a bit more about this and want to make a case that you're wrong.

A typical album is a collection of audio files, all with the same album art thumbnail, a collection of scanned art images, each with a unique thumbnail, and a collection of info data files, all with not-useful thumbnails.

If you select list style album thumbnail, I can't see any scenario where a person would want any thumbnail other than the audio.

If you disagree, please explain a scenario where someone would want one of the all different image thumbs (which one should MC choose?), or one of the data thumbs that have no useful information.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 08:28:03 am »

I thought a bit more about this and want to make a case that you're wrong.

An typical album is a collection of audio files, all with the same album art thumbnail, a collection of scanned art images, each with a unique thumbnail, and a collection of info data files, all with not-useful thumbnails.

If you select list style album thumbnail, I can't see any scenario where a person would want any thumbnail other than the audio.

If you disagree, please explain a scenario where someone would want one of the all different image thumbs (which one should MC choose?), or one of the data thumbs that have no useful information.

We think you should make your view only show audio files.  That's what the default views do.

If the view shows data files, it seems correct for thumbnails to sometimes show the data file.

We were proposing removing your data files and using the view extras feature.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 12:04:34 pm »

Today if you have a list style: Album Thumbnail view showing all file types then you end up with a random mess of album thumbnails. Sometimes data is displayed, sometimes audio, sometimes image. I tried everything I could think of without success to get a consistent result, like say always image thumbs.

There is another reason why (for me) it's not ok to use audio only views.

I have info data file(s) for each artist with biography information that is tagged with Album="Artist Info" which means I can't get to these files via an album's View Extras. But I do want to see these data files when I filter on the Artist.

My work around is complicated view settings that show some data files but not other data files and I fear this may be slowing down my views.

I'm proposing what I think will produce a much better experience for users, with no down side that I can think of.

When viewing multiple file types with list style Album Thumbnails, why/when would you ever want anything other than audio thumbs?

I'm also ok continuing as is. Just feel there's a better way.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 12:55:10 pm »

Today if you have a list style: Album Thumbnail view showing all file types then you end up with a random mess of album thumbnails. Sometimes data is displayed, sometimes audio, sometimes image. I tried everything I could think of without success to get a consistent result, like say always image thumbs.

There is another reason why (for me) it's not ok to use audio only views.

I have info data file(s) for each artist with biography information that is tagged with Album="Artist Info" which means I can't get to these files via an album's View Extras. But I do want to see these data files when I filter on the Artist.

My work around is complicated view settings that show some data files but not other data files and I fear this may be slowing down my views.

I'm proposing what I think will produce a much better experience for users, with no down side that I can think of.

When viewing multiple file types with list style Album Thumbnails, why/when would you ever want anything other than audio thumbs?

I'm also ok continuing as is. Just feel there's a better way.

We'll try to change it next build.  We'll tell people to direct complaints your way!  Cheers.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 01:15:57 pm »

We'll try to change it next build.  We'll tell people to direct complaints your way!  Cheers.

Thank you so much Matt. You are a nice person with an amazing product.

Aardvark

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2022, 02:44:13 am »

Posted this as a reply to Cinelder's post "Cloudplay and Play Doctor not Integrating" but decided to move it here as I think it is a flaw in Cloudplay processing.

Running JRiver 29.0.74 and have similar problems with Cloudplay and Play Doctor

In Cloudplay options for "Files to be included" I have

-[Media Sub Type]=[Audiobook],[Podcast],[Test Clip] -[Album]="Christmas" ~nodup=[Artist],[Name]

In Play Doctor options I have "Some Variety" ticked (only because there is no option to have "No Variety"

"Include Files from Cloudplay" is set to 100%

"Set Rules for Files That Can Be Included" is

[Media Type]=[Audio] +[Genre]=[Country] ~n=100

So I go into Cloudplay, type Country into the Search Box and hit play

The first track I always get is off my local disk and then the rest are Cloudplay tracks but I get Pop, Pop/Rock, Folk Rock and 70s Pop as various genres that turn up.

Why am I not just getting Country as I specified? Also why the Local track when I have said 100% from Cloudplay?

Also I get exactly the same result if I put "Country" in the Play Doctor box in the Active Zone

Am I doing something wrong or is this just not working properly?

Thanks, Mike

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2022, 01:24:24 pm »

I just noticed a problem introduced between 29.0.65 and 29.0.70.

I suspect it might be related to:
Fixed: Handheld filename rules with a dot did not work nicely as everything after the dot was read as the extension.

Starting with 29.0.70, when I sync to my handheld device folder, all new and changed files are copied to the folder with an extra filename extension appended to the extension.

For example: filename.mp3.mp3

The correct filename.mp3 was copied with 29.0.65. Nothing else changed except installing 29.0.70.

The problem continues with 29.0.74.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2022, 04:02:45 pm »

Thanks.  Fixed next build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up