INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Freezing" List Columns Issues  (Read 242 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
"Freezing" List Columns Issues
« on: July 16, 2022, 02:19:19 am »

I've been playing around with freezing/unfreezing columns this morning and have bumped into some rather odd visual issues that are hard to reliably reproduce. I am working in a view with very many columns, ie, lots of horizontal scrolling. Straightforward "Freeze/unfreeze" seems to be working well. The unfrozen columns go back where they came from and all is good. Here are the oddities I experienced...

I have "Autosize Columns" enabled. I saw this most often when frozen columns were truncated and the list was scrolled vertically away from the top of the list.
All left/right scrolling was done using the thumb scroll wheel on the side of my Logitech mouse.

• With three columns frozen, scrolling correctly kept the frozen columns in view, but, about half way across, the column headers of the columns being scrolled into view float over the top of the two rightmost frozen columns obscuring their headers. Note, the data itself remains correctly frozen in place, it's just the headers playing up.
  • With two columns frozen, unfreeze the leftmost one. It correctly goes back to where it came from, but the one remaing frozen column does not shift left into the now vacant space, and now, when scrolling left/right all the columns including their data, float over this oddly frozen column.
  • After freezing, if you manually re-order any column in the view, the frozen columns become unfrozen, and remain where they are, at the left end of the columns. I kind off get that. How could the frozen columns go back where they came from if the order changed. This would be better, I think, if, if the view contains frozen columns, disable the drag and drop reordering of columns until such time as there are no frozen columns?

These would be better described with video capture, but I couldn't see the point in that effort until the issues can be reliably reproduced. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Can you reliably make it happen?

My testing brought up another wish:
    To manually put these columns back where they came from, some way off screeen to the right is really tedious. You must drag to the right, drop, scroll right, drag some more, drop, scroll right, drag some more, drop... etc. etc. until you get to the desired spot. If dragging a column to a new location, either left or right, when the mouse gets to the edge of the visible columns, can the view not be made to auto-scroll?

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up