INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switch to Blu Ray menu: keyboard shortcut or command line option?  (Read 664 times)

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello,

I prefer to USUALLY have movies launch directly to the movie, without the "ask" option popping up each time.  So I set the ...OPTIONS... Blu-ray playback... Play..using menus:  OFF

But then, if I decide I want to go to the Blu Ray menus for Special Features, I know I can right-click and select "switch to Blu-ray menu" - but I'd like to be able to switch to the Blu Ray menus using a keyboard shortcut - or better yet, a command line switch to make it launch with the menus from the start instead of the usual behavior I set in options.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Switch to Blu Ray menu: keyboard shortcut or command line option?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 09:15:04 am »

It looks to me like Media Center Core Command number 10065 is "blu ray pop up menu".
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

You should be able to map this to your keyboard shortcut of choice using the Resource.xml file.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts

I've done this for many difference MCCs over the years.  I haven't done this one and I can't test it, as I do not have MC for Windows and thus can't play BluRays with MC.

Good luck!
Brian.

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 06:56:06 pm »

Thank you for the suggestion, but that command seems to have no effect.  I also tried 30005 and 10003.

In the right-click (context) menu while playing, the menu item is "Switch to Blu-ray Menu"... seems I need that toggle as an MCC command (or keyboard shortcut)...

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 05:45:18 am »

Not a one button action, but for remote control usage there is an option in the Playback OSD to switch to menu playback.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 01:00:37 am »

Thanks, Hendrik.

Now my attention is on screenpass titles...  For example I've experimented with the first two Hunger Games movies. When in "Title Playback" mode MC reads the disc.inf file to play the correct playlist.  But when in "Menu" mode, a "copy detected" message appears about 10-15 minutes into the movie.

I much prefer to use the "Menu" mode, as this way forced subtitles seem to always display properly - But when in "Title Playback" mode many/most movies with forced subs don't display without some variable steps.

Is there some configuration I can perform to use "Menu" mode on screenpass titles?
Pages: [1]   Go Up