INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Images - I don't know if these two problems are related  (Read 613 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe

1) I am missing a lot of album artwork. Is there a way to get artwork for all of the albums that are missing artwork? I don't even care if the artwork is correct as long as each album has its own image. Currently I am selecting an album then I have to choose Tools->Cover Art->Get from Internet. I'm guessing there is a better way.

2) I have two images that repeat on a LOT of albums and they are completely unrelated to the artists or albums. It does seem to be related to single files or EP style albums. I don't think happens to normal album CD rips. What is the best way to correct these?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Album Images - I don't know if these two problems are related
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 11:10:30 am »

The wiki topic on Cover Art should help.

There is a Smartlist for missing cover art under Playlists.

rec head

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 01:36:19 pm »

Thanks, I can't find my glasses and extra words are difficult so I didn't go to the wiki right away. The Smartlist is helping, I think the view I was in wasn't conducive to what I was trying to do. Is there a maximum number of files MC will look up at once? I have over 5000 and it seems to be going in batches of 100 to 140

I am currently looking up a lot of cover art and don't want to disturb MC. Can someone help with #2 all the files that have the same incorrect cover art.

rec head

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 03:11:12 pm »

I don't know if this is normal behavior but as I'm looking up the art for 5000+ tracks MC is increasing the number of files it will handle by 20 tracks each time. I'm currently at 360... now 380.

rec head

Re: Album Images - Random Images
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 03:45:55 pm »

I have finished getting all the missing artwork but I still have the problem of 2 images showing up as cover art for lots of completely unrelated tracks/albums. It is like there are 2 default images that MC randomly assigns to the tracks/albums. I cannot figure out a way to find and delete them without going track by track through my library. The tracks that I have looked at in Windows Explorer show the proper artwork or none.

Any help would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 04:11:57 pm »

If MC finds an image in an album folder, it will use it as cover art.

rec head

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 07:23:25 am »

It may be folder related but all the files in at least one of the offending folders are MP3 and M4A. In MC some of the tracks have the random cover art some don't.

I would be happy stripping all the cover art from everything in the folder and searching for new art.
Pages: [1]   Go Up