INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert format just says in queue and does nothing [Solved]  (Read 503 times)

Hollingshead

• Recent member

Hi. I've used Convert Format several times with no issues when converting whole albums, but I've been trying to convert just one song from WMA lossless to FLAC. I press the Convert button, but nothing happens except that, if I click Details, it shows the file being "In the queue". I thought maybe it was waiting for a quiet time, but I've waited for 24 hours with no change and I've tried it multiple times.

What am I doing wrong, or is this just an odd bug? (Media Center 29. Windows 10.)

I've received good help here several times. Thanks to all you knowledgeable folks helping people out here.

Kevin

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Convert format just says in queue and does nothing
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 05:13:28 pm »

Maybe try converting to Monkey's Audio (APE) to see if it's the encoder or decoder.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 05:16:14 pm »

Can you play the file in MC?

Hollingshead

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 05:24:19 pm »

The file plays fine in MC, but it won't render on my receiver. So I'm slowly converting all my WMA lossless files to FLAC. In this case I had dupes of the same album, except the FLAC version was missing one song. So I deleted the WMA version except for the missing file and then tried to convert the one file to FLAC.

And I had earlier tried MP3 with the same result, but I tried APE just in case, but no change.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 05:44:12 pm »

Did you configure Windows Defender?

Check your encoding settings for the file location.

Hollingshead

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 06:08:28 pm »

Well, I didn't think Windows Defender or Storage locations could be the problem since whole CD conversions happened without a hitch, but when I tried to do a whole CD conversion, that didn't work either.

So I reopened the app, which I should have tried before (sorry), and tried another CD- worked perfectly. And then I went to the single file and found that it had already been converted!!?!

Still don't understand, but after 30 years in the PC business, I should have tried reopening the app, and/or rebooting, before I assumed something was wrong.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up