INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JREMOTE and MC29 - songs not longer listed  (Read 705 times)

hjreuter

• Recent member
JREMOTE and MC29 - songs not longer listed
« on: July 24, 2022, 05:56:29 am »

I use JREMOTE to access my music (currently 205k songs) from outside home.

After upgrading to MC29 I am facings several issues:

1. all playlists or song list (after selecting an album) are empty.
I get the message „no content found here, press button to go back“. Interesting is that it does not occur right from the beginning, but there is a time this behavior starts and than you can‘t do anything else than restarting the media server

I also realised this behaviour after selecting the first playlist successfully. The second and anything else after the first selection is empty again.

It even happens when the app says „view refereshed because of server restart“, but no server restart has happened.

2. The app on my ipad (pro) crashes by being selected from the icon.
You can do whatever you want. The only way out is to restart the media server. Interesting that I have never realized this behaviour on the iphone, even I use the iphone and JREMOTE minimum twice a day when I walk the dogs.

Both devices are on the latest iOS.

3. You cannot change from LAN to WAN without streaming error
This error is nothing new with MC29. It always happens when I am inside home and inside LAN and than walking the dog, means leving home (LAN) and the device changes to LTE. It always causes a „streaming error“ which sometime you have to cancel by restarting the app and repositioning yourself in your latest songlist.

Does somebody face this errors as well?
Hans

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: JREMOTE and MC29 - songs not longer listed
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 07:30:55 am »

Did you try reinstalling JRemote?

hjreuter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 08:19:14 am »

Did you try reinstalling JRemote?

No, I did not - no clue why…
Will do now…

Done, currently both devices are working properly, i will tell whether the problem 1 and/or 2 is occurring again.

hjreuter

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 01:32:14 pm »

so I am one week later of my initial post and all reinstallations of JREMOTE (either on iphone or ipad). The issue of empty songlists has not occurred again.

But the issue of a crashing app still exists (sometimes). The situational issue disappears after rebooting the media server as described in my initial post.

One idea: From time to time I initiate a renaming of songfiles due to minor changes in titles or album names, etc.. When the system checks all my 206k songs, sometimes it renames 400 up to 700 files. Does this cause the app to crash?

Another thing:
Is it possible to include the BPM in brackets in the songlist in JREMOTE? Even optional by a switch?
Why? I use JREMOTE on my indoor bike and select songs to ride in the right speed synchronized to BPM. The BPM information in the songlist would facilitate the selection of the next speed rather than to click on INFO and scroll down the information list to see the BPM of a possible song.

Thx
Hans
Pages: [1]   Go Up