INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cross fade not working properly  (Read 1457 times)

Roly

• Recent member
Cross fade not working properly
« on: August 04, 2022, 07:03:50 pm »

I am having a problem getting cross fade working in version 29, in version 25, all worked well. What are the settings required to function properly?

Thank you

Roly

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Cross fade not working properly
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 09:36:46 pm »

Cross fade is set under options/audio/track change as shown in the screenshot below.  in general, using the search bar at the bottom of the options window can help you find any setting that MC offers.

Also note that if you use zones, the track change settings you apply are zone specific.  You can set/change the applicable zone at the top of the options window where there is a drop-down menu to select from.

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 09:54:40 pm »

Thanks HPBEME for the quick response, those are the set ups I have in V29 and 25.
Also in V25, when I double click anywhere on the line that displays where we are in the song, it moves it immediately to the new location, in V29 it gets there after 3 or 4 seconds, not immediately.

Roly

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 09:59:55 pm »

That does not sound like an MC issue then... 3 - 4 second "seek" delay (by clicking on the progress bar) is mos def not normal for any setting.  Do you still have MC25 installed right now, so you are able to check the behavior between the two installs right now?

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 10:25:00 pm »

Yes, MC 25 is on one laptop (Dell) while MC 29 is on an HP laptop.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 10:41:07 pm »

Different computers does complicate the diagnosis. 

I assume this issue occurred right after you updated from 25 to 29 on the HP laptop?  If so, you might want to restore the last backup from your MC 25 install.  If you don't have that old MC25 backup folder on the MC29 computer, then copy the latest backup from your other computer over (I am talking about the backup that MC makes automatically, not your own system backup that you may have set up on your computer).  As for the restore process, I have banged out those instructions so many times I have lost count.

So, I refer you to this thread for additional info: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133449.msg924961.html#msg924961

See my replies 2, 5, and 7.  I am done for tonight, but I hope to see a reply of success tomorrow.

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 11:15:09 pm »

Hi, I did not have MC25 on the HP so, I will attempt to install MC 25 on the HP. If MC 25 works well on the HP and I already know that MC 29 on the HP has a problem,  then that would suggest that MC 29 has a problem, right?

I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 11:48:55 pm »

Hi, just installed MC25 on the HP and it works fine, MC29 is still not functioning properly.
So, it sounds like the computer settings are fine but MC 29 seems to have a glitch…right?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 10:00:08 am »

It may be a glitch, or it may simply be a setting difference between MC25 and MC29 that is causing the problem. That is why I suggested you do a restore from the MC 25 backups onto MC 29. Doing a restore operation from MC25 will eliminate an MC settings difference as the culprit.

When you click on the progress bar and you said it takes three or four seconds to resume playing the track, that definitely is not right. I doubt that is settings related, but you never know. Regarding the cross fade - when you say it is not working, what exactly does that mean? It is simply ignored? Is the cross fade timing off?

There are checkboxes (see pic below) under the track change setting that will affect the behavior.  At a minimum, disable the "use gapless for sequential tracks" as having it checked will effectively override anything you have set for cross fade.  You should enable the "do not play silence" checkbox, because if sequential tracks have a long silence at the beginning/end, the cross fade will be crossing over in the silent range and effectively do nothing. For the third checkbox, I personally would enable it. If you're in the middle of the song and you manually skip to the next one, having it cross fade seems counter to the desired action (to manually jump to the next song).

I personally only use gapless for track transition since forever, but as far as I can tell from my brief testing of various cross fade settings to answer your question, it seems to work.

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 12:22:35 pm »

Hi HPBEME, I have done a restore on MC29 as suggested to MC25 and ALL is good, the seek delay and cross fade work well, thank you very much for your support, now for a new issue.

I tried to register my license on MC29  and I get an error message. I have used up 8 of my 10 restores. I removed MC 29 and reinstalled it and get the same message. What should I do next?

Thanks

Roly

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 01:12:07 pm »

Download and install MC29.0.81 or higher.

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2022, 05:37:34 pm »

Thanks Jim, That is what I did. I downloaded MC29.0.83

Roly

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2022, 06:42:50 pm »

You say you downloaded the latest version, but it is not clear if that resolved the secondary problem you mentioned in your previous reply... Did it?

I'm glad restoring from your MC 25 backup file solved the MC 29 seek and cross fade issues, but I am curious if you noticed which settings got updated that fixed it.  I am assuming it is related to the check boxes that I detailed in my reply, but it would be nice to get confirmation.  It could be helpful to others who may be experiencing the same problem (FYI… I don't work for J River - I'm just another a user like you).

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2022, 07:14:31 pm »

Hi HPBEME, yes the seek delay is also working fine, I am assuming that this is the issue you were referring to in your last post. As for my registration issue, I still have the problem.

As for what setting were changed, I can’t find any that were changed, I should have taken a picture of the settings before making the changes but I did not, sorry, I’ll know better next time

Roly

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2022, 07:36:21 pm »

As for what setting were changed, I can’t find any that were changed, I should have taken a picture of the settings before making the changes but I did not
Well what you could do, is screenshot the track change settings right now, and then restore the previous MC 29 backup to get the settings that did not work. Compare those checkboxes to the screenshot of the settings that worked, and change them as needed, and see if that fixes the issue again.  If it does not, then clearly some other setting is affecting it, but I'm not sure what it would be.  You would of course then have to restore the settings that were working... again.. To get back to where you were. The restore process is pretty straightforward, as I'm sure you noticed now that you've actually gone through the steps.

As for my registration issue, I still have the problem.
And yes, the secondary issue I was referring to was your registration.

As for having used 8 of the 10 available restores, J River is usually very generous in resetting that. You'll have to request that directly from Jim H or Matt however.  Hope that helps.

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2022, 07:59:33 pm »

Hi HPBEME, it did cross my mind to reverse everything  and restart the restore process but because I’m DJ’ing an event next week I decided not to, just in case I get a new glitch and run out of time before the event. It’s now working the way I want it.

Roly

BradATIMA

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2022, 03:25:35 pm »

I tried to register my license on MC29  and I get an error message. I have used up 8 of my 10 restores. I removed MC 29 and reinstalled it and get the same message. What should I do next?

Are you trying to use your MC29 license on Windows? It appears your license for MC29 is for Linux only.

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2022, 04:26:50 pm »

Thanks Brad, you are absolutely right, I just checked my confirmation receipt. I always got the windows version, I obviously made a mistake. How can I get this corrected?

Thanks

Roly

BradATIMA

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2022, 04:42:25 pm »

Thanks Brad, you are absolutely right, I just checked my confirmation receipt. I always got the windows version, I obviously made a mistake. How can I get this corrected?

Send an e-mail to deanna at jriver explaining the issue.

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2022, 04:55:42 pm »

Thanks Brad, I will.

Roly

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2022, 05:09:51 pm »

Hi Brad, I can’t seem to find Jrivers email address, where do I find it?

Thanks again

Roly

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2022, 06:24:07 pm »

That's an email address. Just substitute@ for at.

Roly

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2022, 01:53:48 pm »

Hi, this is an update on my issues. My problem was that I erroneous installed MC29 Linux instead of MC29 Windows. I have now installed MC29 Widows (thanks to Deanna) and everything works just fine, the way I want it.

Big thank you’s to HPBEME, BradATIMA, JimH and Deanna for all your wonderful support and patience.

Roly
Pages: [1]   Go Up