INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 29.0.83 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 2299 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 29.0.83 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: August 04, 2022, 06:38:16 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 29.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290083-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290083.exe (works on all systems)

29.0.83 (8/2/2022)

1. Fixed: When switching TV channel MC could crash since build 80.
2. NEW: Spotlight added to right-click / context menu for files. Left-click and hold on file no longer launches Spotlight.
3. NEW: Added MCC_SHOW_SPOTLIGHT (#22041, param 0: current file, 1: current selection)

29.0.82 (8/1/2022)

1. Fixed: Showing the new history menu could crash in some cases.

29.0.81 (7/28/2022)

1. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start in some cases.

29.0.80 (7/27/2022)

1. Changed: Internal change on DirectShow based TV playback and recording.
2. Changed: Adjusted how the volume fade feature is done in the Scheduler (now it takes a number of seconds for more control and adds labels).
3. NEW: Left-click and hold on file in list or top player bar text launches Spotlight in a new tab.

29.0.79 (7/25/2022)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.35 (thanks Matt).
2. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: Handheld upload could double the extension since the extension dot fix.
4. NEW: Experimental support for AC-4 audio in MPEG-TS video files.
5. Changed: Added seconds precision to Media Network reporting instead of just minutes.

29.0.78 (7/21/2022)

1. Changed: Switched resolution thumbnails back to 400x400 but now check either dimension instead of both.
2. Fixed: A wait cursor is shown when filling list controls (for slow fills).
3. Fixed: Linking a car radio button to itself would crash.  Fixed the crash and also no longer show car radio choices when linking to a playlist.
4. Changed: Made the thumbnail size threshold for showing the full image bigger (so bigger thumbs still show it).
5. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).

29.0.77 (7/20/2022)

1. Fixed: Some menu items didn't work properly in the tree since adding the expand / collapse item.
2. Improved: Increased the thumbnail compression quality, and removed artificial sharpening which often resulted in emphasized artifacts.

29.0.76 (7/19/2022)

1. Improved: Enlarged the size of the grab borders during image editing.
2. Changed: Renamed the option "Show a link arrow" instead of "Show a link checkbox" to be more clear about the behavior.
3. NEW: Made a history menu item shown in the view header menu that links to past views.
4. Changed: Full resolution thumbnails are used after 300x300 instead of 400x400 so they should appear a little sharper close to that threshold.
5. Improved: Thumbnails for groups of files that contain audio will only use audio (instead of also using images and data).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hector

Re: JRiver Media Center 29.0.83 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 03:35:42 pm »

04/08/2022 MC29 29.0.81 (64bit ) When playing  music playlist files (songs ) at random they gets stuck for few seconds  Stammering/stuttering ( like stopping and advancing a vinyl record. same files run smooth in MC23, any idea why and what can I do.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Aardvark

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 01:31:40 am »

Finding it hard to get any traction with this problem so will raise it yet again re V2929.0.83

Posted this as a problem with JRiver 29.0.74 and still find it happening with JRiver 29.0.81 and discovered another weird thing that happens.

Running Cloudplay and Play Doctor

In Cloudplay options for "Files to be included" I have

-[Media Sub Type]=[Audiobook],[Podcast],[Test Clip] -[Album]="Christmas" ~nodup=[Artist],[Name]

In Play Doctor options I have "Some Variety" ticked (only because there is no option to have "No Variety"

"Include Files from Cloudplay" is set to 100%

"Set Rules for Files That Can Be Included" is

[Media Type]=[Audio] +[Genre]=[Country] ~n=100

So I go into Cloudplay, type Country into the Search Box and hit play. If this is the first time doing this then I get one track off my local disk in Playing Now and then about a minute later the rest of the list appears but every track is off my local disk. The time this takes seems like it tries to go to Cloudplay and fails so reverts to local disk as in next scenario the Cloudplay list is populated in about 25 seconds.

If I stop play and clear Playing Now and then redo the same search then we move into the scenario as follows...

The first track I always get is off my local disk and then the rest are Cloudplay tracks but I get Pop, Pop/Rock, Folk Rock and 70s Pop as various genres that turn up.

Why am I not just getting Country as I specified? Also why the Local track when I have said 100% from Cloudplay?

Also I get exactly the same result if I put "Country" in the Play Doctor box in the Active Zone

This just doesn't seem to work properly and is repeatable each time I try this. Hoping you can take a look at this time 

Thanks, Mike

Oogi

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 04:22:05 am »

Hello,

I consider it as a bug, and it's this way since the beginning (early versions of MJB).

There is an issue when editing tag fields written in Right-to Left languages - The text appear in reversed order.
Is there a chance you fix it?

Been asking for it before, and I keep upgrading and upgrading, hoping it is solved.
A bit frustrated about it being ignored for many years...
Thanks

Uri

mccarty350

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 05:07:29 pm »

In 'playing now' if you select all then pick reshuffle using the context menu nothing happens but i you use the hotkey (I believe it was control-r) it does work.

Aardvark

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 02:24:50 am »

Any answer with regards the problem I raised re using Cloudplay?

Regards, Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 05:08:02 am »

Any answer with regards the problem I raised re using Cloudplay?

Regards, Mike
I'm aware of some search problems, but can't say when they will be fixed.  Sorry.  Cloudplay is also meant to work more like radio than play on demand by search.  That's a licensing issue.  Please use the Cloudplay thread for discussion.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 07:36:56 am »

In 'playing now' if you select all then pick reshuffle using the context menu nothing happens but i you use the hotkey (I believe it was control-r) it does work.

I can't reproduce that.  The reshuffle right-click works for me.  Anyone else?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 01:12:35 pm »

I am unable to reproduce that as well. I tried all the different ways you can shuffle/reshuffle tracks in playing now, both from the context menu, and from the Player menu at the top.  I also tried it with selecting all tracks, and with selecting no tracks… All behave exactly the same way... The tracks are shuffled.

The only caveat I would point out, is the currently active track, whether playing or not, is moved to the top of the list, and then that one track is not included in any subsequent shuffle/reshuffle actions. Perhaps that is what the McCarty 350 is referring to?
Pages: [1]   Go Up