INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Play fade-up / stop fade-down option(s) in Scheduler Tasks  (Read 441 times)

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!

I use Scheduler to transmit a playlist of nature sounds to a DLNA renderer in my bedroom -- as a morning alarm.

It would be soooooo nice to have it fade up over, e.g., 10, 30, or 60 seconds, instead of starting 'hard'.

Other people using Scheduler to play/stop in other applications may like this too, e.g., waiting rooms, customers, audiences, etc.

This feature is popular enough that it's included in several mobile device 'alarm' apps -- but not in MC.

Thank you.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

We like this idea.  I'll try to hook it up in the coming days.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!

Thank you for implementing this !!! I'm enjoying random nature sounds from a huge playlist, faded up over two minutes, around 5 a.m. (almost) every morning! I've tested over a few days, and it works great!

Note to other users of this feature: If you're pushing a playlist to, e.g., Id Pi as a DLNA renderer, that instance of MC (on the Id Pi) needs to have its volume control enabled. I started with it disabled -- my default preference -- and the volume step-up commands were not registering on the Renderer. Switching it to 'Internal Volume' fixed that.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You're welcome!  It was a very good idea.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up