INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 30 Feature Requests  (Read 23325 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 30 Feature Requests
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2022, 08:05:45 pm »

Please make the subtitles move up above the OSD when OSD is shown.

A much nicer looking and more customizable OSD would also be great! Now it kinda look like an ancient relic from MS-DOS.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

DJLegba

« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2022, 06:16:10 pm »

1. A command to reload remote views without having to restart MC
2. An option to generate remote views automatically from MC views (default set to on/yes/true)

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2022, 11:57:59 pm »

Android Auto App Please. it would be nice to control JRiver through Android Auto through the car controls instead of having to pick up my cell phone while driving

Manfred

« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2022, 03:15:17 am »

I would like to have for playing DSD over UPnP the same functionality as for playing DSD through SPDIF or USB. Restrict use of playing DSD up to DSD64 for example and converting everything else > DSD64 to pcm. (See attached picture)
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

rec head

« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2022, 07:08:11 am »

First, not being an advanced user, these features may be there already.  So, forgive me if they are.

1) The ability to FIND within a FIND - in other words to Drill Down in a search.  So, let's say I find all my 1960's albums and now I want to find the version of a song done in the sixties, so the search is restricted to the previous search results.

2) A FIND similar - so if I bring up a find and make a selection, let's say an artist, I could do a FIND for similar artists based upon the original search.

3) ANALYZE DATABASE - and recommend other artists from the web, music services, etc.  In other words, determine my musical taste from my collection and make recommendations.

4) The ability to SORT based on a FIND.  So, for example FIND all the albums by Pink Floyd and now sort them by Name, Date, Etc, - AFTER THE FIND.  This should be easy from a UI standpoint.

I may not have the answers you are looking for, only trying to help. I think that what you are looking to do with searches and sorting might be solved by making a Smartlist instead of doing a search. Or a combination of both. Have your Smartlist "find" all your albums from the 1960's and then search within it.

I haven't used it much but I think #2 is being addressed by the Spotlight feature.

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but it may help get where you are trying to go.

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2022, 07:35:44 am »

This is a weird one ...but I'll take a shot at it.  What about integration with the open-source DD+ Atmos decoder and EQ known as the"Cavern Project" link is provided http://cavern.sbence.hu/cavern/

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2022, 07:47:36 am »

+1 on this one - be able to import REW filters into PEQ, I have been waiting for that for ages
Ditto to this one :)

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2022, 01:23:09 pm »

Customisable Spotlight views, using MC fields and/or web data, for Artists, Albums, Composers, etc..

Let's say you have a Category view showing Artist images. Clicking on any Artist would redirect to the Spotlight view for this particular artist. For this view, user could choose the source (MC field VS web data) for Artist bio, releases presentation (i.e., main albums, EPs, Singles, Compilations, etc.), related artists, etc..

Clicking on any album would redirect to the Spotlight view for this particular album, which would be customisable in the same manner (Album review, Album info, etc.). And so on.

BTW : And having access to these Spotlight views with JRemote or any JRiver sanctionned remote :)

Probably a HUGE amount of work for a few years to come, but worth asking IMO  ;)

High-End

• World Citizen
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2022, 01:43:33 am »

* genre specific tags for the remote
Today, when I start playing (any genre) a song the remote (EOS/ Gizmo, what ever) is showing
1st row: song name
2nd row: interpred and album name

what I would like to see in genre classical
1st row: song name
2nd row: composer
3rd. row: orchestra / soloists / conduktor / Chorus
the Tag and there order should be configurable.

As I understand MC it provides the remote (EOS/ Gizmo, what ever) the data to display. So the remote shows what is delivered. Therefore a kind of "debt to be brought forward".
-> Please don't refer to: "server settings under Media Network > Advanced."
It can't do the same

* Offline DB for the remote
sometimes I am surfing the net and some possible new music came across.
because my music server was not up and running ( or not available, offline, what ever) to check if I did not already have the CD I had to let pass the opportunity ( had to park the cd's in the shopping cart, what ever).
That is the reason why I am asking to implement the possibilities for a offline DB on the remote.

* Set spontaneous A - B marker:
MC has a repeating function. so expand it a little bit.:
sometimes I listen to DJ-Sets. They are loooong. Within these sets there are some really great tunes. For example from timecode 15:25 until 18:44.
It would be great if you can set spontaneous A - B marker to repeat these tunes until I have enough ;-)
-> Please don't refer to "Particles"!
It can't do the same and is not as easy and spontaneous for the user to use.

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2022, 08:17:56 am »

Is there maybe a way to implement a feature where i could choose for example madvr for UHD tonemapping and for upscaling 1080P content to 4k JRiver renderer?

• Madvr used for native 4K content (i would say madvr has a better tonemapping function
  • Upscale a Bluray to 4K using the internal JRiver renderer with FSRCNNX16 and Jinc because in my opinion it does a better job than Madvr

greynolds

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2022, 10:19:01 am »

Particles.
Speaking of particles...  Storing the information for particles in the main media item's sidecar file or as separate sidecar files for each particle would be a really nice enhancement/feature.  I know several of us have had a file share disappear briefly such that our media needed to be re-imported and when that happens any associated particles are lost.

winnebago

• Recent member
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2022, 11:27:11 pm »

I love MC29.  It is literally the Swiss Army knife of media centers and I use it for my big music and movie/tv library.

Here's something I'd like to see:

Creative Labs has the SXFI program for PCs and phones that interfaces with their little headphone DAC/Amps. It was my first foray into headphone DACs and amps. In the program is a simulator for 5.1 and 7.1 in addition to the standard downmixed stereo output. It added a depth to the movie or TV program that downmixed stereo just couldn't do.

I'd like a DSP page that gives us a simulation of multichannel 5.1 and 7.1 (maybe 5.1.2 and 7.1.2?) using DSP algorithms to the headphones. The source would be like a multichannel MKV and JRiver would mix the surround channels, with appropriate crossfeed, to the L and R headphone channels.  The DSP math would have provisions for speaker placement and amount of crossfeed from the other channels.

I hope that makes sense. If I'm missing how this works, please let me know. I just want to learn peacefully.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2022, 06:56:19 am »

Creative Labs has the SXFI program for PCs and phones that interfaces with their little headphone DAC/Amps. It was my first foray into headphone DACs and amps. In the program is a simulator for 5.1 and 7.1 in addition to the standard downmixed stereo output. It added a depth to the movie or TV program that downmixed stereo just couldn't do.
DSP Studio > Output Format

The wiki has a topic on Surround Sound.

AlreadyFree

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2022, 04:27:03 pm »

Overall:

• Ability to hide a Library View.
  • Add 'Select All' to the right-click menu.
  • Ability to manually order Library Views & Playlists by drag&drop. Maybe have an option in the settings to turn this feature on and off for those who don't want the tree changed from alphabetical listings, accidentally or otherwise.

Audio:

• Ability to type paragraphs and multiple lines in Comments field instead of everything needing to be in one continuous line.
  • Prevent songs being removed from playlists automatically when the external file is deleted. A placeholder should still exist in the playlist showing the deleted song and simply skip over that song when attempting playback of the list. Useful for maintaining playlist integrity when a song is intentionally deleted without remembering the song was included in a playlist, or when deleting old mp3 versions of files to update with flac, or when a song is on an external drive that is temporarily disconnected.

Video:

• Ability to read coverart embedded in MKV video files.
  • Store external video coverart in same file as audio coverart instead of in the folder containing the video file. Or better yet allow user selected option in menu to choose video specific coverart folder like already exists for audio coverart.
  • Ability to use IMDB to get video info & coverart.
  • Improve metadata info shown when hovering mouse over video in Standard View to better match info & layout shown in Theater View.
  • More & better metadata overall for video.

winnebago

• Recent member
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2022, 05:26:17 pm »

Thank you, Jim.  I appreciate your response and I will carefully RTFM  ;D.

Peace!

DSP Studio > Output Format

The wiki has a topic on Surround Sound.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2022, 06:57:07 pm »

• Ability to hide a Library View.
  • Add 'Select All' to the right-click menu.
I imagine you already know this, but Ctrl+A will "Select All". Just pointing it out on the off chance you were unaware of that keyboard shortcut.

I am unclear what you mean by "hide a Library View"... Do you maybe mean hide a Tab?

• Ability to type paragraphs and multiple lines in Comments field instead of everything needing to be in one continuous line.
There is a "Notes" field that will allow you to do exactly that.

AlreadyFree

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2022, 11:50:43 am »

I imagine you already know this, but Ctrl+A will "Select All". Just pointing it out on the off chance you were unaware of that keyboard shortcut.

I find myself using "Select All" a lot (perhaps I'm in the minority) and having it in the Right-Click menu would streamline things a helluva lot, without having to go up into the toolbar menu or switching over to the keyboard for shortcuts. I've been wishing for this feature since the old MediaJukebox days.

I am unclear what you mean by "hide a Library View"... Do you maybe mean hide a Tab?

(See attached picture)

There is a "Notes" field that will allow you to do exactly that.

Yes but, as far as I know, the "Notes" field isn't a part of the id3 specs so that field might not necessarily show up if the file was played back in a different media player. That's why I've always used "Comments". Problem is that I have files that have multiple paragraphs of comments, that were added back when I used another media player that allowed for multiple line entries, that I now can't edit without MC converting the formatting into one continuous line when re-saving.
Ideally, the behavior for editing the "Comments" field should be identical to what it is when editing the "Notes" field.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2022, 02:25:45 pm »

Those are great clarifications… Thank you.

The only one I will follow up on his the "hide library view". So you meant hide it in the Tree… that definitely makes sense when you have a whole bunch of views under one header.  How do you envision bringing the hidden views back? My suggestion would be to right-click on the top tree item, and the context menu would include a new entry for "restore hidden views".  Thoughts?

AlreadyFree

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2022, 05:53:50 pm »

That's pretty much what I was thinking too. A 'Hide Library View' entry in the context menu to hide view. Once views were hidden, then the context menu for the top tree would gain an entry called 'Unhide Library View' that would automatically expand out and show a list of hidden views to choose from.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2022, 01:50:39 am »

Request:  Simplify the process of modifying icons.

The MC infrastructure for icons has been in place for well over 10 years, works reliably, but it is somewhat clumsy to install custom icons (particularly for the small Tree icons).  Am I naive in thinking it would be relatively simple to display and change the icon assignments in a new form window, with option to drop back to pictured defaults, individually and globally?  Or maybe that opens up a legal minefield unless the choices are limited or attributed.  Perhaps the form window could accommodate attributions, making them a user responsibility.

Reference MC29 Skin Icon Discussion:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133908.0.html

Update 10/19/2022:  Please also consider suggestions for implementing more icon options, as specifically proposed in Post #25 of the MC29 Skin Icon Discussion:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133908.msg929804.html#msg929804

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2022, 02:35:22 am »

When watching a BD, which was launched from the BD menus, can a command be issued to toggle the subtitle track without having to bring up the BD pop up menus?

retro

• World Citizen
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2022, 10:41:07 am »

This is a weird one ...but I'll take a shot at it.  What about integration with the open-source DD+ Atmos decoder and EQ known as the"Cavern Project" link is provided http://cavern.sbence.hu/cavern/

No, not weird at all.. :)
And I'm quite sure VoidX would help to integrate the DD+ Atmos decoder into JRiver..
Hendrik and Matt, what do you say..?

eve

« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2022, 08:44:05 am »

No, not weird at all.. :)
And I'm quite sure VoidX would help to integrate the DD+ Atmos decoder into JRiver..
Hendrik and Matt, what do you say..?

Very interesting. If Cavern is working on lossless Atmos, that would be huge.

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2022, 01:04:21 pm »

Play DVD Audio format

Hello, maybe this time it's possible for MC30 to add the following audio format (LPCM, MLP) used to play DVD-Audio. When playing a special DVD-Audio, you can then switch between normal DVD mode and DVD-Audio mode. Another thing that wouldn't be bad, like with the Super Audio CD, is that you can play a DVD-Audio ISO.

If this were possible and there was no copyright or special cost involved, it would be a great new feature in MC30.

Sry for my English come from Germany

I like to second this - It's a major miss for me , I end up having to convert just to play my own DVD audio collection

mlknez

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2022, 03:50:20 pm »

I would love to see bitstreaming of Dolby Atmos audio files.  Currently it does not work on JRiver but does on PlayerFab (the old DVDFab media player)
Media Room: LG OLED83C1, Marantz AV8805A, Sherbourn 7/2100, Benchmark AHB2, Studer A80, Studer Revox b795, Nakamichi RX-202, HTPC, exaSound e38, Sweetvinyl Sugarcube SC-2, Silicondust HDHomeRun Flex 4k, Spectrum Cable DVR, Fire Cube TV 4k, 2x Piega P10, Piega Coax Center, 8x Piega AP 1.2, Hsu VTF-15h mk2

Office: Emotiva mini-x A100, Geek Pulse, 2x KEF LS-50, Goldenear FF 4, PC, NAS 180TB

Bedroom: LG OLED48A2, Marantz NR1200, Mini-HTPC, 2x Elac Uni-Fi UB5

Game/Exercise Room: LG OLED65C7, PS3, Xbox One, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Katana, Edison C150

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2022, 05:08:35 pm »

There's two three things I would like to see. They're small conveniences to be sure but would make my life easier.

I'd like to see a "tagging only" tab; one where accidentally double tapping on a file wouldn't play it, thus interrupting the flow of music. The right click play now or sent to now playing would still accomplish playing the file if needed.

I would love to see a drop down menu or some such clean up of the playlist options when modifying a toolbar. As it is, I'm scrolling through many, many playlists when trying to get to the bottom of the list. Actually, I'm not really sure I ever did...

Oh, and a third to go with a tagging only tab: allow the click on the arrow in a field to go to the entire library rather than just the current view in the tab.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2022, 09:32:31 pm »

I'd like to see a "tagging only" tab; one where accidentally double tapping on a file wouldn't play it, thus interrupting the flow of music.
It is unlikely a dedicated tab would be created for this purpose.  However, if you change the setting noted in the picture below to "File Properties", double-clicking a file will open the tagging panel instead of playing it. 

I confess I don't understand your next two requests.
I would love to see a drop down menu or some such clean up of the playlist options when modifying a toolbar. As it is, I'm scrolling through many, many playlists when trying to get to the bottom of the list. Actually, I'm not really sure I ever did...

Oh, and a third to go with a tagging only tab: allow the click on the arrow in a field to go to the entire library rather than just the current view in the tab.

- What toolbar are you modifying? Modifying toolbars is done in the skin XML file, not while you're using MC.
- As noted previously, a dedicated tagging tab is not likely.  If by "arrow in a field" you're referring to the arrow that links you to everything associated with that specific field, then again, I don't understand what you're asking for here.

Screenshots are always helpful.

UPDATE regarding the modifying toolbars. You're referring to "customize" toolbars and how it shows every playlist you have in the list of choices to include on the custom toolbar.
Yep… I get that request now :)!  Perhaps it could be done with collapsible headers for each playlist grouping? My two cents to the J River team.

eve

« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2022, 09:43:34 pm »

I'd like to see a "tagging only" tab; one where accidentally double tapping on a file wouldn't play it, thus interrupting the flow of music. The right click play now or sent to now playing would still accomplish playing the file if needed.

Honestly I'd actually be down for a hotkey / safety to lock playback to the current state of the play queue.  Would be really useful for when I leave JRiver display windowed playing a series / movie as I work on something.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2022, 10:01:37 pm »

Honestly I'd actually be down for a hotkey / safety to lock playback to the current state of the play queue.  Would be really useful for when I leave JRiver display windowed playing a series / movie as I work on something.
Not sure if this accomplishes exactly what you're looking for, but MC introduced a "Lock Tab" feature about a year ago.  It is at the bottom of the tab menu. It adds a lock icon to each tab to which it is applied.

Mark_A_W

• Recent member
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2022, 04:10:04 am »

I would like the ability to define the wait time before chucking an error that a remote library is not available, after the magic packet is sent for WOL.

My server takes too long to wake up and JRriver chucks a wobbly.    I just need another 10-20 seconds...please.

7 hard drives takes some time!

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2022, 01:00:54 am »

Background:  Tree > Playing Now > Playing from... displays the icon resource <Folder>Playing from... is very important, special, and prominent in the Tree.  The overall user interface would benefit by giving Playing from... its own icon, distinct from the icon that represents other folders.
Example: I attach the custom icon which I currently use for <Folder> which appears with Playing from...  I would like to use a different icon for folders elsewhere in the Tree, but unfortunately this one shows up, so I need a new resource <PlayingFrom>.

Request:
(1) Please give Tree > Playing Now > Playing from... its own unique icon resource <PlayingFrom> in ...Data/Default Resources/images.xml.
(2) Also allow the default <PlayingFrom> icon to be overridden by its entries in ...Data/Custom Resources/image.xml and ...Data/Custom Artwork/smallIcons.png in the usual way.

MC 30.0.19    Win11 22H2 (64-bit) and Win10 (64-bit)

wstreit

« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2022, 03:11:59 am »

I would like a new mode for listcombine(...) function to output only items contained NOT in both lists.

Hagen

• Recent member
Re: MC 30 Feature Requests: Colorize playlist bars
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2022, 03:42:27 am »

I'm still hoping for a "colorize playlist bars" function. Like this one (depending on genre):

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2022, 10:30:01 am »

Add 'Select All' to the right-click menu.

This is there under "Edit Commands".  Once you pick it, it will become the most recent used so be at the top of the menu.

If you want, you can have more most recent commands shown in Options.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2022, 10:30:22 am »

I would like a new mode for listcombine(...) function to output only items contained NOT in both lists.

I'll add this to the next build.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2022, 10:57:17 am »

Coming next build:
Changed: The filter box for toolbars accepts a leading "-" so "-playlist" will hide all the playlists.

rwheaton1

• Recent member
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2022, 12:07:51 pm »

MC is lacking in audio file fixing and populating data fields. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2022, 01:10:32 pm »

MC is lacking in audio file fixing and populating data fields. 
You need to read the wiki topics on this.  Start with tagging and Library Tools.

Please use a new thread for discussion.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2022, 01:14:05 pm »

Please make data files play like image files so that when music is playing and a data file is played to read about the music, it does not stop the music from playing.

Data and image files are both static visual information and should behave the same.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2022, 08:17:34 pm »

When editing tags, please make Ctrl+Del delete the word to the right as is common practice for many text editors.

https://defkey.com/what-means/ctrl-del

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2022, 11:08:10 pm »

Add Windows snap functionality so Win + left/right arrows work like virtually every other program available today.
Similar to above make MC honor virtual monitor zones so Theater View can be run in a psuedo-windowed mode or just allow a windowed version of Theater View. This would be great for those of us that are using an ultra wide monitor without dual inputs and prefer using the Theater View interface while multi tasking.
Sean

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2022, 08:11:50 am »

Add the same option for Tree icons that is available for Toolbar icons - that is, icons remain colorless/transparent until you hover over them, and then they fill with color.

Additionally/alternatively: create a brand-new monochrome icon set without the background "button/plate" similar to what is shown here: https://i.imgur.com/x6qqVHB.png

NOTE: this request was previously posted by me, but since it turned into a discussion within the request thread, it got moved to its own thread on the MC 29 board. Which by the way, has gotten a considerable number of views.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133908.0.html

Clearly there is substantial interest in this topic.  I especially want to note the impressive amount of work that user Markf2748 did creating alternate icons - great job Mark!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2022, 09:47:46 pm »

Coming next build:
Changed: The filter box for toolbars accepts a leading "-" so "-playlist" will hide all the playlists.
hey Matt, I just noticed this enhancement... Thanks!  Hopefully user jkrzok who originally requested it has also seen it!

But since no good deed goes unpunished, any chance the filter can be set so it keeps the last entry (to avoid having to type "-playlists" each time)?  Or perhaps add a checkbox that enables users to exclude showing the playlists all the time? It is after all its own special beast with its huge number of entries.

I know… Give them an inch and they ask for mile.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2022, 01:35:53 am »

Background:  Tree > Playing Now > Playing from... displays the icon resource <Folder>.  Playing from... is very important, special, and prominent in the Tree.  The overall user interface would benefit by giving Playing from... its own icon, distinct from the icon that represents other folders.
Example: I attach the custom icon which I currently use for <Folder> which appears with Playing from...  I would like to use a different icon for folders elsewhere in the Tree, but unfortunately this one shows up, so I need a new resource <PlayingFrom>.

Request:
(1) Please give Tree > Playing Now > Playing from... its own unique icon resource <PlayingFrom> in ...Data/Default Resources/images.xml.
(2) Also allow the default <PlayingFrom> icon to be overridden by its entres in ...Data/Custom Resources/images.xml and ...Data/Custom Artwork/smallIcons.png in the usual way.
Along the same lines...
  • The icon resources for <Audio> and <Cloudplay> in the Options Tree share the same (i.e. "overloaded") icon, currently a white music note with blue plate.  Please give these resources distinct icons in ...Data/Options.png.
  • I do not see a resource for <AddToPlayingNow> in images.xml and SmallIcons.png.  Its icon appears identical to that for <PlayingNow>.  Please add a <AddToPlayingNow> resource and icon so that I can add a unique icon button to the toolbar.
  • I need separate resources for <DSPStudio> and the Zone drop down menu, which currently share the overloaded <DSPStudio> icon in SmallIcons.png.
  • Custom Art for MC's new icon <ClearPlayingNow> does not get picked up from my ../Data/Custom Art/SmallIcons.png, so my custom icon for <ClearPlayingNow> does not show up in the Custom Toolbars Menu by the usual mechanism.  AFAICT this is a MC bug / oversight.
  • 10/29/2022:  Additional icon resources which I do not know how to access:
    Toggle Tool Tips
    Toggle Theater View
    Toggle Tool Tree
    ListStyle: xx
  • 11/3/2022 Can the built-in playlist "Web Media" (which appears in the tree under both Streaming and Playlists) be assigned a unique small icon?  Updated the attached proposed small icon WebMediaPlaylist.png.
  • 11/27/2022  Please give the Customize Toolbar "Toggle Tree" button its own unique icon resource.  Currently it shares the overloaded resource <ListStyle> with 5 different "List Style: ..." buttons and "Customize View".  "Toggle Tree" serves a very different function (show/hide) compared to the other style-change buttons and deserves its own icon.[/l]
I attach six new proposed small icons to cover these cases.  I hope flexibility can be expanded without breaking skins.

Note:  The above are the most important to me and AFAICT are programmatically out of my control.  There are many other icons in the Customize Toolbar which either have similar overload issues or are just in plain need of updating.  Some have been discussed previously (including <ClearPlayingNow>) in the MC29 forum thread Skin Icons Discussion https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133908.0.html
which contains approximately 100 updated icons.

Thanks.

Updated 11/3/2022

MC 30.0.19    Win11 22H2 (64-bit) and Win10 (64-bit)

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2022, 12:11:11 pm »

hey Matt, I just noticed this enhancement... Thanks!  Hopefully user jkrzok who originally requested it has also seen it!

But since no good deed goes unpunished, any chance the filter can be set so it keeps the last entry (to avoid having to type "-playlists" each time)?  Or perhaps add a checkbox that enables users to exclude showing the playlists all the time? It is after all its own special beast with its huge number of entries.

I know… Give them an inch and they ask for mile.

It's possible the View\User feature, which in my mind I call the "persistent global filter" feature, may do what you want. You can add User as button on the toolbar for quick access.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2022, 07:24:03 pm »

It's possible the View\User feature, which in my mind I call the "persistent global filter" feature, may do what you want. You can add User as button on the toolbar for quick access.

I actually already do have the user icon in my top toolbar.  I have two user profiles: administrator and standard.  I usually leave it set to administrator, but I switched to the standard user just to check... it does not retain the user entered filter value.

I really think a checkbox to disable showing all the playlists choices makes sense.  I have only created around a dozen of my own playlists, but when that is combined with all the built-in lists that are part of every MC install (which I definitely want to keep), the number Available Toolbar Buttons just for the playlists comes to 89 for me! I think most users create lots and lots of playlists, so I could see in those situations the playlist count would be a couple hundred maybe.

This just makes for a much longer and cluttered list to scroll through for those of us never put playlist buttons in toolbars.  I prefer to use the radio buttons at the bottom of the Playing Now window to launch my custom playlists.  To my mind, that is exactly the intended purpose of those radio buttons.

So having a checkbox to enable/disable showing all the playlist buttons would satisfy all users.  All that said, hardly a big deal regardless… It would just be a nice to have

eve

« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2022, 04:50:53 pm »

When watching a BD, which was launched from the BD menus, can a command be issued to toggle the subtitle track without having to bring up the BD pop up menus?

Does it not work to issue an MCWS command? Or is it that you're locked out of this, specifically with full disc menu playback?
http://xxxxxx:52199/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=10052&Parameter=1 toggle on
http://xxxxxx:52199/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=10052&Parameter=-1 next
http://xxxxxx:52199/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=10052&Parameter=-2 previous

You can also select a specific subtitle track with this. JRiver doesn't really output all the subtitle tracks in a file (please correct me if im wrong) so to get the list of subtitles and their 'track' in a video, I separately have my mediainfo.xml for the corresponding file parsed and used to get those track titles / languages into whatever control system I'm using. So I ask JRiver for what's playing, get the file's full filename + path, and then I ask the metadata server for a file in a similar directory structure named FILENAME-mediainfo.xml and that's where I parse out the track names. My tracks are named by language but ALSO typically commented since I frequently have multiple audio mixes, various commentaries, subtitles from different releases over the years (lots of foreign films have multiple translations) etc. It's just helpful to actually have that information available elsewhere.

Feature request! MCWS call that can return the audio and subtitle tracks from the currently playing file INCLUDING Title (In mediainfo, it's the field called Title)

eve

« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2022, 05:45:55 pm »

• Ability to use IMDB to get video info & coverart.
  • Improve metadata info shown when hovering mouse over video in Standard View to better match info & layout shown in Theater View.
  • More & better metadata overall for video.

IMDB metadata is extremely expensive to use in your product. We're talking $150K base not including the API calls themselves IIRC. It's a FANTASTIC resource and you can get API access to use on your own privately but not in a commercial product. It's far more comprehensive than competitors and I really couldn't live without it for my library.

Metadata for film / television could be handled better. Actors with corresponding IDs (and better handling of Actor + Role) would be a nice feature. Grouping multiple files with the same IMDB/TMDB ID similar to how Albums just know how to group themselves couldn't go amiss either.

Cover art? Fanart.TV and TMDB should cover most people's needs, especially for mainstream film and tv. There's lots of resources for extremely high res art but they typically lack API access meaning you're kind of stuck manually adding the art. Cinematerial (paid but decent), WrongSideOfTheArt, Heritage Auctions etc can serve as solid jumping off points if you're itching for something different, high res, or very rare.

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2022, 01:56:01 pm »

Forgive me if this is already buried somewhere deep in the config, but what about per device dsp settings? For example not all playback devices like/even supports sample rate change and this would be a great quality of life improvement to people like me who uses multiple audio devices depending on usecases

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2022, 02:56:34 pm »

You can use Zones to do that.  Start with the Zones topic on the wiki.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up