INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: move installation from Windows to Mac (all files and settings)  (Read 668 times)

tgl

I have been happily using a very large windows (curretly windows 11) based installation of JRiver for a while and am trying to find some instructions regarding the recommended way to copy/move everythign to Mac OS (just purchased new macbook pro which will become my main computer at some point soon). I already have the latest unversal JRiver license covering Windows, Mac, and Linux so assume that will be no problem, but I'm also looking for instructions that would minimize any pain during migration of all the files etc (would like to not only copy files but also restore all my JRiver settings/preferences during the migration). I apologize if there are already some threads about it - I could not find anything (would be nice to have a sticky thread as well describing migration steps between Windows, Mac, and Linux). Thanks for any help with this.

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: move installation from Windows to Mac (all files and settings)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 09:56:44 am »

Make a back-up of your MC library and transfer that copy to your new system, or have it accessible through your LAN.
Install MC on the new system
Restore the library in MCon the new system making sure settings are also restored (it's selected by default in the screen you get after selecting <Library> <Restore Library> )
Check that the library is pointing to the correct path to find the media (using Rename, Move, & Copy Files or [F6]).
You may need to look up the details in the wiki because this command is very powerful, however, in this instance you ONLY need to change the path to the media (drop down menu on top left and select Update database to point to new location)
That should do it.
Also, if you just purchased your universal license recently it may not work with the current latest version of MC and you may have to wait for the next version of MC. If you can't wait use the trial license until MCis updated again.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 3830
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 9468
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

tgl

Re: move installation from Windows to Mac (all files and settings)
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 11:13:16 am »

Awesome! Thanks for your help - much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up