INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with filename after syncing to Android  (Read 1271 times)

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
Issue with filename after syncing to Android
« on: August 15, 2022, 03:17:29 am »

Good Morning,

just so it doesn't get lost - synchronizing to (Android) handhelds still does not work correctly. Let me explain.
1. I have a library server connected to a local client
2. The local client has two synchronization targets: a local folder (for testing), and an Android device connected via USB (MTP mode), of which the SDCard is the synch target
3. Conversion settings are mostly default, with the target encoder being flac including high bitrates. Both devices are configured to support the flac filetype
4. When synching to the local folder, everything works as expected: filenames correct, conversion happening for everything high bitrates resp. of not supported file types
5. When synching to the Android device, everything seems to work fine. I can find the intermediate files in the local temp dir, these files work. Once the upload to the device has succeeded according to status, on the device folders are created as expected, BUT: instead of the correctly named file a file named GetFile is found. This includes those files that have not been converted and just should have been copied over.
6. The "GetFile" itself is actually the expected file with all content (renaming manually to flac, opening in audio application works like charm...)

How can I support you in fixing this one?

Thanks, Marcus

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issue with filename after syncing to Android
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 04:56:13 pm »

This is pretty easy to reproduce, so hopefully we will get a fix for it shortly.

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 02:17:42 am »

This is pretty easy to reproduce, so hopefully we will get a fix for it shortly.
Thanks. How shortly? It is been around now for quite a while. As you said, probably easy, I say, probable quick win...

herr_schneider

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 03:38:46 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up