INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 29.0.86 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 4073 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 29.0.86 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: August 16, 2022, 07:50:43 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 29.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290086-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v29/latest/MediaCenter290086.exe (works on all systems)

29.0.86 (8/15/2022)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.51 which switches 24-bit encoding back to the more widely compatible format.
2. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.

29.0.85 (8/10/2022)

1. Fixed: JRVR did not properly account for the chroma location in all situations.
2. Fixed: JRVR profiles were not handled in live TV playback.
3. Changed: Video Playback will more thoroughly keep the screen from turning off.

29.0.84 (8/4/2022)

1. Changed: Updated the name for JRiver in WebPlay and updated the copyrights.

29.0.83 (8/2/2022)

1. Fixed: When switching TV channel MC could crash since build 80.
2. NEW: Spotlight added to right-click / context menu for files. Left-click and hold on file no longer launches Spotlight.
3. NEW: Added MCC_SHOW_SPOTLIGHT (#22041, param 0: current file, 1: current selection)

29.0.82 (8/1/2022)

1. Fixed: Showing the new history menu could crash in some cases.

29.0.81 (7/28/2022)

1. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start in some cases.

29.0.80 (7/27/2022)

1. Changed: Internal change on DirectShow based TV playback and recording.
2. Changed: Adjusted how the volume fade feature is done in the Scheduler (now it takes a number of seconds for more control and adds labels).
3. NEW: Left-click and hold on file in list or top player bar text launches Spotlight in a new tab.

29.0.79 (7/25/2022)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.35 (thanks Matt).
2. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: Handheld upload could double the extension since the extension dot fix.
4. NEW: Experimental support for AC-4 audio in MPEG-TS video files.
5. Changed: Added seconds precision to Media Network reporting instead of just minutes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 29.0.86 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 12:41:41 pm »

Can anyone elaborate on this...  "1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.51 which switches 24-bit encoding back to the more widely compatible format."

As I use (used) Monkey Audio (APE) when ripping my CD's.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 12:50:44 pm »

I unintentionally changed the format of 24bit encodes when I added 32 bit support.  This made some ffmpeg based players fail on new 24 bit files.  This change just brings 24bit back to the format it was before.  Monkey's Audio and MC can decode either format.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 01:09:53 pm »

Got you. Thanks  :)

iankelsall25

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 10:05:46 am »

i am confused about an upgrade i just paid for. I am currently on MC28 windows, but i went to upgrade this version and MC30 was the only option. i entered my current license and paid the upgrade fee. Yet there is no download for MC30?

jack wallstreet

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 11:54:08 am »

am currently on MC28 windows, but i went to upgrade this version and MC30 was the only option.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the purchase page and it does say MC30.
John

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 12:00:17 pm »

i am confused about an upgrade i just paid for. I am currently on MC28 windows, but i went to upgrade this version and MC30 was the only option. i entered my current license and paid the upgrade fee. Yet there is no download for MC30?
If you had paid for MC29, then a month or two later, MC30 appeared, requiring you to pay again, you could well be, justifiably, a little bit annoyed. Now, you won't be. You will be happy.
Use MC29 for the time being and then when MC30 makes an appearance, your licence will cover you to use that also.

-marko

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2022, 11:31:54 am »

Here's an oddball . . . I leave MC playing at night when I retire using "Player - More Stop - Stop After X Tracks", however when  I return in the morning MC has opened to full screen mode.

I am certain is was at a reduced size because I took note after this happened more than once. It's not a big deal, just odd and unexpected, perhaps linked to something else.
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 02:32:30 pm »

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2022, 10:02:06 am »

After stopping playback and leaving MC to sitting idle in the background for about 15 minutes I restart playback, but

120 seconds into the track MC stops playing, says BUFFERING and remains there ad infinitum. Attempting to STOP playback causes MC to freeze/ghost-out and crash.

Restart MC, start playback on the same track, it plays fine right past 1:20 and on to the end.

I am storing my FLAC files on a USB drive, but even if the drive was in sleep mode when I first restarted playback this behavior seems odd.
And this is not the first time I have experienced the same symptoms, but other than the idle time and lapse in playback I see no other common factors.
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

milsdrewbulch

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 03:17:43 am »

Autoplay is behaving strangely. If you insert a Blu-ray or DVD it starts playing and audio is heard, but MC does not open to show the video. You have to open the GUI manually. Wasn't like that before as far as I recall.

A demo: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al0WO3GTRXzW6wNKc_4NvsETnsvi?e=HGkMDj

milsdrewbulch

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 09:53:40 pm »

Also ZoneSwitch while working well to switch the active zone to an audio playback zone in the GUI does not work properly when switching to a video playback zone. The video starts and plays in the correct zone, however the GUI does not follow but instead remains in the previous zone.

I'm pretty sure these issues were not present a few builds ago.

Add (10 Sept 2022):

I've been experimenting and the problem noted in this post is only relevant for Blu-ray playback. When starting a DVD, ZoneSwitch works properly to move the active Zone in the GUI to the target "Video" Zone.

My ZoneSwitch rule is [Media Type]=[Video]

GUI switching for Blu-ray does not work properly with the following ZoneSwitch rule either (DVD works):

([File Type]=[BDMV] or [File Type]=[IFO])
Pages: [1]   Go Up