INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - Intermittent Ability to Connect through wi-fi  (Read 572 times)

stewartjallan

• Recent member
JRemote - Intermittent Ability to Connect through wi-fi
« on: September 08, 2022, 06:53:50 am »

I'm having a problem where I am not able to connect to the MC server through my iPhone or iPad.  The server is on my Mac in a different room in the house but all three devices are connected to the same wi-fi network.  Weirdly if I am in the same room as the Mac I am managing to connect, but if I'm in the living room (still connected to the wi-fi) it is not connecting (though sometimes it does).  My wi-fi setup is a number of Linksys Velop nodes (mesh wi-fi) and I'm suspicions the problem relates to which individual node I am connected to on the phone vs the one the Mac is connected to but that is just a hunch.  I'd note that the MC overview section is showing up the two playback devices in the living room (media streamer and TV which are also connected to wi-fi) so I don't think it's a firewall issue on the Mac at least...

I'm not quite sure where to start in terms of figuring out the problem so any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks

Stewart

stewartjallan

• Recent member
Re: JRemote - Intermittent Ability to Connect through wi-fi
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 07:07:36 am »

I'm now able to connect through both devices again, so not sure what changed and hence my original post saying the problem is intermittent - not too useful for diagnosing things at the moment but I'm sure it'll happen again soon enough so tips on what to look for when it does would still be welcomed!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 07:50:56 am »

It's probably a Wi-Fi problem and it could be interference from something else in the house. You could try a different channel or move your devices around a little.

stewartjallan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 11:36:43 am »

The thing is there is no problem for any of the playback devices picking up the network as I can instruct them to play from MC on the Mac. And the wifi is full strength for accessing the internet from iPad and iPhone. At the moment I’m not even getting them to connect through JRemote when sitting right next to the Mac which is also on wifi. I’m not really sure how to fix it or why it is so intermittent in its occurrence. Are there any diagnostics I can run to figure out what might be the root cause?
Pages: [1]   Go Up