INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: JRVR -- JRiver Video Renderer  (Read 75706 times)

Inquisition

• World Citizen
Re: NEW: JRVR -- JRiver Video Renderer
« Reply #350 on: July 28, 2022, 04:13:22 am »

Are i the only one with this curious problem?
My English is not perfect, so be merciful with me

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #351 on: July 28, 2022, 07:13:33 am »

What happens if you switch to madVR?

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #352 on: July 28, 2022, 07:46:28 am »

With madvr  the GUI shows not such behaviour.
Only jrvr  ?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #353 on: July 28, 2022, 09:40:02 am »

Sounds to me like Media Center doesn't actually have input focus when you try to do that. Just click onto the video first and then press Ctrl-J to make sure the key goes to it.
JRVR does not use "global" hotkeys like madVR, because those can be rather disruptive, and rather just needs to be properly in focus to receive the hotkeys.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #354 on: July 28, 2022, 10:56:42 am »

I will try this tomorrow.

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #355 on: July 29, 2022, 02:38:07 pm »

Hi Hendrik, i try this today and it doesnt work.

Same Behaviour like before. First call of GUI after booting the PC, the GUI will not come. I had to stop first and restart, and then it comes every time i call it.

I say, it is no big Drama at all, when i have JRVR settings finished i will not start every video i watch the GUI.  But it was a little strange so i asked here if i'm the only one with that problem.

sc999

• Recent member
« Reply #356 on: August 03, 2022, 06:06:38 pm »

Some constructive criticism:
The new JRVR video renderer doesn't look as good as MadVr on high settings. I just watched the same scene in HEAT on Blu-Ray (starting at 0:15:00) and switched between JRVR and MadVR modes, its very noticeable that MadVR is on another level: more color saturation and greater contrast. MadVr just looks more "polished" while JRVR looks comparatively grainier and washed out. You guys have some work to do to match JRVR with the power of higher-end graphics cards. I use a AMD 6700XT, JRVR uses about 50% of the GPU, MadVR uses 85%-90% at high settings.
It's too bad because I upgraded from MC25 just to get the JRVR.
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #357 on: August 03, 2022, 06:23:08 pm »

Did you try changing settings?

sc999

• Recent member
« Reply #358 on: August 03, 2022, 06:40:15 pm »

yes I tried a few settings, but who knows what combo of settings will work best. I can get it close... but the color and sharpness is still a little better in MadVR.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #359 on: August 04, 2022, 12:23:00 am »

I use a AMD 6700XT, JRVR uses about 50% of the GPU, MadVR uses 85%-90% at high settings.

Out of curiosity, how did you set up the video tab in the Adrenalin panel?
Thank you

jespermart

• Recent member
« Reply #360 on: August 04, 2022, 03:34:26 am »

Does the JRVR renderer not support 3D MVC, I can't find any settings for 3D like I do when I use JRiver with madVR

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #361 on: August 04, 2022, 03:50:00 am »

Does the JRVR renderer not support 3D MVC, I can't find any settings for 3D like I do when I use JRiver with madVR

No, JRVR does not support 3D. For 3D you want to continue using madVR.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #362 on: August 04, 2022, 02:19:52 pm »

Some constructive criticism:
The new JRVR video renderer doesn't look as good as MadVr on high settings. I just watched the same scene in HEAT on Blu-Ray (starting at 0:15:00) and switched between JRVR and MadVR modes, its very noticeable that MadVR is on another level: more color saturation and greater contrast. MadVr just looks more "polished" while JRVR looks comparatively grainier and washed out. You guys have some work to do to match JRVR with the power of higher-end graphics cards. I use a AMD 6700XT, JRVR uses about 50% of the GPU, MadVR uses 85%-90% at high settings.
It's too bad because I upgraded from
MC25 just to get the JRVR.
Thanks

They have just started this project. If You see in jrvrs setting, there will in the future be the possibility to use pre installed settings for low, medium and high end cards. This is something that will come some time in the future.  So they are aware that madvr outperforms jrvr on high settings. So it will be better for those with high end gpus. Hope I did nothing wrong by answering this critique. You can read about this in the thread about future jrvr plans.

The presets are visable here. I read about it somewhere, but did not find it. https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/JRVR_-_JRiver_Video_Renderer/Configuration#Advanced_Mode

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
HDR on my Sony Z9D washed out ?
« Reply #363 on: August 15, 2022, 04:32:23 pm »

I am doing some playing around with HDR on my Server PC, and the colors are washed out on my Tv screen. This is if I enable HDR in Windows settings (testing only), or when I play an HDR video file in JRVR. The Tv screen blacks out for a second and it when comes back the colors are muted, desktop or videos. But if I pull up the Sony Tv picture settings menu, the HDR Mode indication is NOT On, as should be like when playing something from built in apps, or Sony Bluray player, or Shield Pro, or Roku, etc. Incredibly, if I chrome remote desktop into the system, the colors are over saturated on the laptop screen!

Some quick facts:
1. Windows display settings confirm Display capabilities > Use HDR = Yes and Use WCG apps = Yes. But I am NOT enabling HDR in Windows display settings when using JRVR.
2. JRVR says Screen is HDR capable = Yes. I have both HDR check marks checked.
3. When not in HDR mode, my Denon reports 4k60, RGB, 8bit
4. When playing HDR video (or enable HDR in Windows display settings), my Denon reports 4k60, BT.2020 RGB, 8bit -isn't this supposed to say 10 bit?

JRVR ctrl-j screen shot...
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Windows Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV •4 OTA & 6 Cable SiliconDust Tuners •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700HѫFluance 7.2.2[FH] •SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

jmone

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: August 15, 2022, 04:45:07 pm »

8 bit is fine for HDR.  The screen shot is showing that JRVR is outputting HDR.  The Denon is also reporting HDR (well 2020).  No idea why the TV is not switching (my Sony does but that is via a Yami AVR)
I'm not a python at JRiver - just another Aussie

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
Re: HDR on my Sony Z9D washed out ?
« Reply #365 on: August 15, 2022, 07:48:47 pm »

I am doing some playing around with HDR on my Server PC, and the colors are washed out on my Tv screen. This is if I enable HDR in Windows settings (testing only), or when I play an HDR video file in JRVR. The Tv screen blacks out for a second and it when comes back the colors are muted, desktop or videos. But if I pull up the Sony Tv picture settings menu, the HDR Mode indication is NOT On....

Disregard. HDR now working. Move along.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Windows Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV •4 OTA & 6 Cable SiliconDust Tuners •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700HѫFluance 7.2.2[FH] •SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Wasper

• Recent member
« Reply #366 on: August 16, 2022, 08:08:48 pm »

Hi,

Just switched to JRVR today as MADVR project is mostly dead and, to be honest, I got tired of tweaking it to make it work like I want.

First, I really enjoy it and will definitely move on.  The HDR passthrough is stunning.  Moving from SDR to HDR works like a charm.

However, I have 2 questions that might be stupid but I can't figure out:

1- My interlaced content isn't deinterlaced.  To do so, I had to move to custom setting and add the Yadif option to Lav Filter for making deinterlacing.  Does it mean that my GPU can't recognize the interlaced content?!?
2- My 25 and 50 fps video is rendered in 1080p while other framerates are rendered in 2160p.  25 and 50 are available in the display for 2160p.  Does anyone know what could cause that?  The EDID?

Feature request:  Madvr has an option to correct wrong encoded black/white level.  I have few videos that are encoded 32-223 instead of 16-239.  That will probably the only use of MADVR I will do in a near future.

Not an expert at all, so any help will be much more appreciated.  Still have to test it, but so far, I love it!

Thanks

milsdrewbulch

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2022, 09:47:44 pm »

Using madVR for Blu-ray upscaling to 4K. Works fine with my old Nvidia Quadro K5200 (about equiv. to a GTX 1050-Ti) on moderate settings 75% GPU and looks a lot better than JRVR and doesn't drop frames once it's settled in.

Another Zone uses JRVR for DVD upscaling to 4K. Too much for madVR to handle on the Blu-ray settings which are not Zone-specific, so DVD has a different Zone using JRVR.

A ZoneSwitch rule detects DVD File Type = IFO (as against BDMV for Blu-ray). JRVR works well with pretty high settings and just 35% to 40% GPU, but drops a frame every 20 seconds or so for no apparent reason. Any ideas? VideoClock and Hardware acceleration are checked.

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #368 on: August 23, 2022, 09:51:30 am »

I got a problem with colours on my projector.

I use the HDR Tonemapping feature included in JRiver MC29. The picture looks very good (not to dark and brilliant colours) but the colour red is way to saturated. The other colours look fine.

My Projector is calibrated to REC2020 (as far as possible) so i have chosen the REC2020 profile. I leave Gamma as it is.

Any suggestion what might be my problem?

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #369 on: August 26, 2022, 02:41:56 pm »

These are the setting i choose (which give me the over saturated red picture).

jmone

• Administrator
« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2022, 04:53:47 pm »

Your EPSON LS10000 covers P3 pretty well but not 2020 (and I thought in a previous post you said it was calibrated for P3 not 2020?).  FWIW - There are very very few 2020 capable displays on the consumer market, and little 2020 content (even most UHD BD's limit gamut to P3 in a 2020 wrapper).  I'd suggest you stick to P3 and see how that looks.

I'm not a python at JRiver - just another Aussie

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #371 on: August 27, 2022, 03:29:06 am »

I don't think that projector has a p3 output mode, if so sending p3 would not be right. You probably want to post exactly how your pj is configured though to be sure.

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #372 on: September 19, 2022, 04:14:02 am »

It is dci calibrated. Now everything looks good.

I got one question regarding scaling algorithms.

Which one is the best to choose. I do use the FSRCNNX16 which looks as good as madvr or even better. But which algorithm to choose? I use a rtx3070. 

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2022, 04:22:31 am »

For quality, Jinc is the best, which catches any cases where FSRCNNX16 can't work, since its designed only for doubling the resolution.
Although with Jinc and FSRCNNX active, I would probably recommend to disable SuperRes, it does better work on softer scalers.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Plutotype

• Recent member
« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2022, 05:46:06 am »

Hi folks,

What about having a continuosly updated thread about recommended Nvidia, AMD and Intel drivers for video renderers in JRiver? I know that one on doom9, but jriver forum deserves one as well.

I´m on Nvidia GTX1060 and 442.74 with latest Win10. This works fine for both madvr and jrvr, but its from 2020 and not future proof.

Thanks

milsdrewbulch

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #375 on: September 20, 2022, 11:29:08 pm »

The font of the Ctrl J data is so big that information is truncated:

Manfred

« Reply #376 on: September 21, 2022, 04:39:38 am »

I did not find it in the Wiki or on the forum:
What is the difference between "built-in", "shader" and Jinc "nothing"? Software vs. use of GPU shaders?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #377 on: September 21, 2022, 04:50:11 am »

built-in uses GPU fixed functions, which is pretty fast. All others are GPU shaders.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #378 on: October 01, 2022, 02:58:28 pm »

Hello guys,

i just watched "Bumblebee" UHD with the latest JRiver release. I have a problem with stuttering picture. I use the JRiver internal scaler. When using madvr instead no problem so far. I use a RTX 3070 as GPU.
When i disable debanding the stuttering is gone. But i think the debanding should be active (at least in mode low).
The RTX3070 should be fast enough (it does play madvr in high settings without problems). I really like the internal scaler from JRiver better than madvr so i hope someone can help me with this problem :(
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up