INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Platinum Notes - ALAC format won't play in MC29  (Read 234 times)

vbphil

• World Citizen
Platinum Notes - ALAC format won't play in MC29
« on: September 19, 2022, 10:47:48 am »

I've recently purchased Platinum Notes mainly to set volume levels and just experiment with. But when I choose ALAC output format the resultant file won't play with MC29. I just get a message popup saying something went wrong with playback. I also notice that I'm unable to update the file tags with MC29 and the Tag Dump display indicates n/a. The resultant files will play with Groovy Music player.

I selected AIFF output format as a test and those files will play with MC29.

Any ideas what could make the ALAC format incompatible with MC29? Could it be an encoder issue or some setting in MC29?

vbphil

• World Citizen
Re: Platinum Notes - ALAC format won't play in MC29
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 04:25:32 pm »

No help from Mixed In Key the makers of Platinum Notes. They refunded my money. The program did work very well at normalizing the song file's volume and other things like warmth and pitch. It didn't however carry over the source file's tags besides producing ALAC formats that didn't play in MC29 and it didn't support AAC format. It would do mp3, AIFF and FLAC all of which I don't use.

So, I'm back to using MC29 and the DSP volume settings when converting formats from ALAC to AAC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up