INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartphone recommendation  (Read 659 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Smartphone recommendation
« on: September 19, 2022, 11:13:12 am »

I’m presently accessing my JRiver server for audio playback via the JRemote app running on my iPhone. It is quick and works well, but I want to replace it.

My initial thinking was to purchase a streamer that would access the JRiver library, or its NAS backup, via DLNA. However, that is proving way too slow compared to JRemote access.

Now I’m thinking of purchasing a used smartphone just for this singular purpose, and because it will be dedicated to this singular purpose I don’t believe there’s a requirement that it be another iPhone. Ideally, it wouldn’t be more expensive than it absolutely needed to be, and the only feature I can think of is that it would be nice if it could be charged wirelessly.

Please advise, and thanks in advance….
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

markl

• Recent member
Re: Smartphone recommendation
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 06:15:16 pm »

JRemote only works on the Apple IOS operating system so you will need to buy another IPhone (or IPad) if you want to keep using JRemote.

Alternatively you could buy a smart phone that uses the Android operating system and purchase the JRemote2 app (a version of JRemote specifically designed for Android phones).

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartphone recommendation
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 05:20:33 am »

It was the latter that I’m after, and considering either the LG G8 ThinQ or the Pixel 3 XL, both of which I can find in 9/10 condition for $200… but first…

I received a Topping M50 streamer yesterday, and today I’ll be configuring it for DLNA access to either the JRiver media server or my library backup on a NAS running MinimServer. As much as I’d like to use JRiver server, it doesn’t seem to be responding as well or quickly, but I will be testing both.

Look for my experience in the Interact DLNA forum…
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up