INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag window size  (Read 954 times)

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
Tag window size
« on: September 22, 2022, 01:44:50 am »

Is there an option to set the tags window on the left side to a fixed alternate width than the custom setting?
I would like to have to a wider setting.
Frank

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tag window size
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 02:18:31 am »

The only way of adjusting the Tag Window width I've found is by adjusting the width of the Tree by grabbing hold of the Splitter Bar to the right of the tree and sliding it left or right.

The only other thing that I've found is that it is possible, within some strict constraints, to adjust the width of the tag label/name and tag content columns in the Modern Tag Window. If you carefully place the cursor where the two columns meet a double headed arrow appears allowing you to increase/decrease the width of the tag name/label column which of course will apply the opposite action to the tag content column.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 03:48:38 am »

Many thanks for the quick answer.
That method I found for myself but I am looking for a method to adjust it permanently and not for a moment.
Frank

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 10:59:43 am »

That method I found for myself but I am looking for a method to adjust it permanently and not for a moment.
Frank

I don't understand what you want or maybe what you are seeing.

I adjusted the width of the tree to be much bigger than normal.  I opened the tag window and it filled that area.  I closed MC, then reopened it.  Tree area is still the same (large) size.  When the tag window is opened it fills that area.  Is your experience different?

Brian.

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 09:30:21 am »

Perhaps the appended pictures tell what I mean.
Frank

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 09:32:55 am »

The last picture is after the restart of MC. The tags bar is small again.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 09:49:17 am »

Your actions are the same as mine.  But your results are different.  My tree splitter does not reset like yours does.  I use a different skin, but that's probably not it. Maybe try using a different skin as a test.  Modern Cards (any of the three) is a good neutral skin.

That's probably not it but it's worth a try.

Good luck,
Brian.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 10:03:49 am »

aliciaviola look in Tools >> Options >> Tree & View in the panel on the right under Tree you will see 2 options "Auto Expand" and "Auto size width"

If the 2nd one is switched on (is ticked) switch it off as that is what is making the Tree resize itself when you restart MC.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2022, 10:07:04 am »

Normally I am using Modern Cards, too - the most Mac-like skin.
I changed it because of the crazy-tags-behaviour I mentioned in another thread.
Now I returned to Modern Cards but it's still the same: after restarting MC I
get the small window again (MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro, MacOS 12.6, MediaCenter 29.0.87).
No suggestion why it's different on your Mac.
Frank

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2022, 10:12:00 am »

That's it. Thanks!!!!!

<<< aliciaviola look in Tools >> Options >> Tree & View in the panel on the right under Tree you will see 2 options "Auto Expand" and "Auto size width"

If the 2nd one is switched on (is ticked) switch it off as that is what is making the Tree resize itself when you restart MC.>>>
Pages: [1]   Go Up