INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download from Library Server: Disabling for (at least) guest users  (Read 485 times)

HansVanEijsden

• Recent member
Download from Library Server: Disabling for (at least) guest users
« on: September 29, 2022, 02:57:25 pm »

Dear JRiver developers,

First of all, thank you for the "Download from Library Server" feature. I can imagine it can be quite handy in some occasions.
Unfortunately, in my case this feature can bring me into trouble, I'm hoping for a solution to disable the function (for at least guest users). Please let me explain why.

My library consists of original watermarked audio, including official premixes, premasters, final mixes, final masters and prereleases. As an audio engineer I make these files available to selected guest users and clients, for quality evaluation purposes. To many of those files I own the licenses and some rights.
Most of the files are watermarked, and I've promised not to share those files with others. Streaming to others (my JRiver guest users) is allowed, but they must not be able to download them bit-perfect from my JRiver server.

Unfortunately I just discovered today about the "Download from Library Server" option, because it was just introduced in MC26 (the last time I checked was with MC25) and one of the guest users warned me about it.
So, my question is: is there a way to disable the "Download from Library Server" menu option for remote users? For guest users, or globally for all users? Because now, to me the shared library functionality is very dangerous and unusable.
I've searched in the options and on Google, but couldn't find a solution.

I am using JRiver 29.0.87 on MacOS Monterey 12.6 (21G115), on Intel and M1 systems.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up