INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC29 TV Season display/Automatic Library backups  (Read 814 times)

gradu8ed

• Recent member
MC29 TV Season display/Automatic Library backups
« on: September 29, 2022, 05:42:17 pm »

I've got two problems and I'm not sure if they're related or not.

1) My TV shows display has stopped being grouped by by show, now every episode of every show is listed individually.

2) My automatic library backups have stopped occurring.
MC29, Mac Mini M2 Pro, Synology NAS DS920+, Pioneer Elite Pro FD111 50" plasma, Sunfire Theater Grand IV Preamp/Processor, Sunfire Cinema Grand (5 x 200 watts per channel), VPI TNT-5 turntable w/JMW 12.6 Memorial Tonearm, Audio Physic Spark III floor-standing mains, Audio Physic Center II, Audio Physic Step surrounds.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC29 TV Season display/Automatic Library backups
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 08:42:27 am »

1) My TV shows display has stopped being grouped by by show, now every episode of every show is listed individually.

What view are you using?  Meaning, Standard View (computer interface), Theater View, etc.  A screen shot of what you are seeing and what the view is called in MC might be helpful.

2) My automatic library backups have stopped occurring.

Those are made on some sort of unusual schedule like every 48 to 72 hours.  I can never figure out exactly when they are made.  Trying doing a manual library backup.

You should probably also go look at the location MC is trying to send backups to:
Tools > Options > File Location > Program Files > Library Backups

If that folder does not exist, or was moved or renamed then backups would probably stop.

Just some ideas.

Brian.

gradu8ed

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 02:05:46 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.

Macos 12.6 Monterey

Screenshot included:

I'm using the MC 29 standard view set for series view. I also did what I should have done before; I opened tab view on an episode. As you can see, the series name, season, and episode are all blank which explains the display showing each episode individually.

As far as the auto backups go (screenshot included) the pic shows my manual backups, in the rectangles, the active library folder, and I'm not sure about the other two. The backups are in the J River folder in Documents and the save location in MC/Options/file location are directed there too.
MC29, Mac Mini M2 Pro, Synology NAS DS920+, Pioneer Elite Pro FD111 50" plasma, Sunfire Theater Grand IV Preamp/Processor, Sunfire Cinema Grand (5 x 200 watts per channel), VPI TNT-5 turntable w/JMW 12.6 Memorial Tonearm, Audio Physic Spark III floor-standing mains, Audio Physic Center II, Audio Physic Step surrounds.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 07:02:41 pm »

For the TV shows, if you know they had correct data before now (like say 2 days ago), you could restore a library backup.  I kinda wonder how all the data was lost.  Perhaps you have an idea about what might have happened.

I see your manual backups mixed in with what are presumably automatic backups?  I'm not sure if you think it is working correctly or not.  I just checked on mine and they seem to be made every 2 days, but my last one was almost 3 days ago.  <shrug>

Brian.

gradu8ed

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 06:51:04 pm »

I've got no idea what caused the series/season/episode to get deleted. Thank heavens for time machine, I had to go back to 9/24 and its ok now.

The weird thing about the backups that are there, the ones I did manually are 2.79GB, 2.8GB, and 2.81GB but the two that the program seems to have done are 21.8MB and 26MB. That's a big spread.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 12:44:11 pm »

The weird thing about the backups that are there, the ones I did manually are 2.79GB, 2.8GB, and 2.81GB but the two that the program seems to have done are 21.8MB and 26MB. That's a big spread.

Right now I'm on my work system, which has only my music (no video).  The backups for this system are a few MB in size each.  They are all from automatic backups. 

I just ran a manual backup and it asked me if I wanted to include thumbnails.  I said "no" and it finished with a file that was 1.2MB.  I ran it again and this time answered "yes" to thumbnails.  Seconds later I had a backup file that was 42MB.  So 30 or 40 times larger.

My library is relatively small at around 8000 files.  If yours is much bigger then I would expect larger backups and especially if you include thumbnails.  You might try an experiment or two.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up