INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I force a smartlist to use the upper file in a stack of two?  (Read 897 times)

dlmax63

• World Citizen

Is there a rule that I can put in my smartlist that will force MC to use the upper level file of a stack of two files?

In my smartlists, MC currently selects both the upper and lower file, the upper level file or the lower level file of a stacked pair. I don't know why it chooses both, one or the other. It seems random to me.

Thank you in advance.

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I force a smartlist to use the upper file in a stack of two?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 10:45:06 pm »

Collapse the stack, then, only the 'top of stack' file will be used.

In case they may be of some use to you...
The anatomy of an MC stack is dissected here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,55782.msg379261.html#msg379261

A 'stack manager' view is available here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105662.0

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Re: How do I force a smartlist to use the upper file in a stack of two?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 07:39:27 pm »

Thank you for the suggestion, Marko.

As it turns out, that wasn't the issue. The issue was that a library import that I did wasn't entirely successful. I switched to a new laptop and did a find-and-replace to correct for the new filepath. MC did not change the filepath on the [hidden] lower level songs. This led MC to reference the old laptop's location reference. Once I corrected for this the issue resolved. I did use your smartlist expression to find a couple of bad lower level filepaths that I had missed, so thanks for that.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!
Pages: [1]   Go Up