INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Word of Thanks, a Recommendation, and a question for JRiver  (Read 349 times)

proton32176

• Recent member
A Word of Thanks, a Recommendation, and a question for JRiver
« on: October 12, 2022, 11:49:59 pm »

I am pretty sure JRiver reads these Posts and that is who I am directing this to.

First, a word of thanks for being smart with your program.
What I mean by that is you add or improve features, but to my knowledge you never remove any.
This will sound stupid to some of you but just for the sake of useless information I will tell you why I keep buying upgrades in spite of the fact that 99% of your improvements I have no use for.

One, is I want to support your Company in spite of the fact I could still be using at least four generations back and still be happy. Most of the improvements you make really serve no useful purpose for me but I am sure others appreciate them.

The second reason is you have never gotten rid of the Bouncing Boxes in your Spectrum Analyzer.
That is what I meant by not removing features.

Yes, believe it or not that is the one feature that made me buy your Program to begin with and why I keep using it and buying upgrades I don’t need.
Of all the other Programs out there,  that one feature grabbed me and made me want to pay for your program instead of using a free alternative.

If you ever removed it I would never upgrade again because that one silly little feature is why I keep buying your upgrades. That one visual makes me enjoy watching my music as well as listening to it.

All I use JRiver for is to play music and watch movies.
That’s it.
Reading through your improvements through the years it is obvious your program is far more complex and sophisticated than I understand or appreciate.
I only use it as a glorified stereo and DVD Player but it is still worth it in spite of the fact I really only use the most basic functions your program offers.
But it is still worth it for that silly little visual it has.

My Recommendation:

Be very careful removing features because what may be inconsequential to you may actually be important to others and may be why some customers keep paying you. You just never know what little aspect of your Program makes someone want to pay you instead of using a free alternative.

Now for the question:

I don’t want to spend a lot of time searching through your visuals.
It is easier to ask.

Do you ever add more visuals to your program when you upgrade or do they remain about the same through the various versions?

The reason I am asking is you seem to have settled on the visuals you have without adding or deleting anything through the years.

If you do add additional visuals I would like to know so I can go hunting around to see if there are others I like.

If that is not a priority it doesn’t matter, just don’t get rid of your bouncing boxes.

But you have so many it is hard for me to tell from one version to the next if you ever add new ones.

Thanks for reading this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: A Word of Thanks, a Recommendation, and a question for JRiver
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 06:48:10 am »

Bouncing Boxes Forever!  Thanks for your post.

We haven't worked on visualizations for a number of years.  But never say never.

Backward compatibility is important and under-rated, in my opinion.  It is disappointing to have user interfaces of programs changing for no good reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up