INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 30 vs 29  (Read 960 times)

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
30 vs 29
« on: October 13, 2022, 08:33:54 am »

Hello. I had an issue with the transition from version 29 to version 30. I ask here https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134075.msg928991.html#new but no answer, so I have made a new post. When I installed the new version of MC30, it imported every setting and what not from the previous version. The issue which I saw with this new version, it has some problem with custom fonts on text. Everywhere I use custom fonts as <font face>"FONT"<//font> it make it bigger. I've checked if the scale are matching between the version and is alright, I've checked if my expressions are changed from 29 to 30, but it seems everything is in place. Right now, I have installed v30, but I don't use for this reason. I don't want to change everything which affect my custom fonts (and is a lot). Can you please have a look on this problem and see if something is change between them, or I think I will stick with 29 for now till hopefully it will be addressed?
Below is a mock-up between the two, on the left is v30, on the right v29.
Thank you

struth

• Recent member
Re: 30 vs 29
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 07:31:18 am »

30 isnt working too well and have returned to 29 personally. only time ive had issue with jriver and i buy them all. isnt importing some album art and the rip screen either isnt there or gets hidden.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 07:53:40 am »

What version of MC and what OS?

You can set the location of Cover Art under Tools > Options > File Location and do a Quick Find.  Try the wiki for details.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 07:55:49 am »

SkGe,
You can enlarge the fonts in MC settings > Tree & View > Advanced > Select Font.

You can also adjust Size under the Tools Menu.

It isn't clear what you're doing to change fonts.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 02:56:15 pm »

30 isnt working too well and have returned to 29 personally. only time ive had issue with jriver and i buy them all. isnt importing some album art and the rip screen either isnt there or gets hidden.
What problems are you having?  What OS?
I am using 30 on Windows  and Linux with no issues.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 07:45:38 pm »

I didn't do anything to fonts. Version 30 imported from 29 the way is set on that version, but it seems some things doesn't stay the same as the old version. I was looking on the scale size of both version, and it seems they are the same. The problem is not the font which the app using, is the custom fonts used in expression. There all my fonts are messed up and is not the same as the older version. I will try to reinstall the version 30 and import again from 29 and see if is the same issue. If so I will stick to version 29 which right now is my primary.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 07:02:24 am »

Hendrik just made this change:
Changed: Increased accuracy of font size calculation in custom tooltip templates.

Please test once a build with the change is available (in a week or two).

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 08:33:58 am »

Ok. I will wait for that change.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up