INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automated Station IDs/commercials? Redux  (Read 286 times)

robbnj

• Recent member
Automated Station IDs/commercials? Redux
« on: October 13, 2022, 02:40:06 pm »

Hello all. I asked about this before and got some good replies, then life got in the way of me doing anything. It was suggested I start a new thread as the last one was 120+ days old.

The short story: Have a bunch of my own "Station IDs" that I would like to play randomly. Would like more control than just adding hundreds of them to my 16,000+ song playlist.

Someone suggested Smartlists as a way to set it up. I have read the Wiki multiple times and played with different settings and attempted to make my own Smartlist, but am sure I'm doing it wrong.
My simple goal is to make a smartlist that will play files from one playlist 90% of the time and files from another 10% of the time (i.e. out of every 10 files played, 9 are from a music playlist (TUNEZ) and one is from an "ID BREAKS" playlist. I tired this setting but it seem doesn't do anyhting other than shuffle the music. 50 songs in, an not one ID BREAK file has been played.

The Smartlist is set as follows:
 Playlists     is any     TUNEZ;ID BREAKS
Limit percentage to 90
Limit percentage to 10.
Shuffle

I'm thinking the 90/10 applies to both playlists since they are together in the "Rules" section, but if I list them separately, the file list goes blank.
Help!

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automated Station IDs/commercials? Redux
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 03:21:13 pm »

Cool idea.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134165.0.html

We're having a similar discussion over here too.

I'm pretty sure this can be accomplished with smartlists though. I'm pretty sure there's a formatting issue in your smartlist config. When I'm home I'll take a look.

robbnj

• Recent member
Re: Automated Station IDs/commercials? Redux
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 10:10:53 pm »

Cool! I'll check out that thread. And I'm 100% sure my formatting is no good, lol. The Wiki is difficult to understand or put into practice for a non-programmer like me.
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up