INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISO DVD playback broken  (Read 316 times)

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
ISO DVD playback broken
« on: October 18, 2022, 04:05:58 pm »

If you have a DVD ISO file which you copied from another computer and you try playing it from MC in Theater mode, with a "Play" on the ISO in the Explorer plugin, then you get two Windows security dialogs asking you if you want to play the file (one hidden behind the other). You say yes to the first one, and the disc playback starts, but with the entire MC window under a gray veil, with the mouse cursor rotating, and a "Wait for MC to respond dialog" on top:

(yes, the menu video runs in the background, the MC display window is not frozen, although it has that gray overlay on top of it, plus the Windows "this program is frozen" dialog on top)

This is because that second Windows security dialog is hidden in the background and awaiting user input. Of course, MC should not try to mount the ISO file twice, in two separate discs, which is why Windows shows two such dialogs, an issue I have reported several times before. I don't understand how such an obvious bug does not warrant a fix.

Edit: forgot to say, but it's impossible to play such a "unblocked" ISO file, as even if you accept the second Windows security dialog, the "this program is frozen" dialog remains on top the MC display window which is grayish, although all the remote control key presses reach the display window and you can interact with the menu.

I have the MC30 license but I am not using it yet, which is why I'm reporting the bug for MC29.
Pages: [1]   Go Up