INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Non-editable library fields  (Read 718 times)

messida

Non-editable library fields
« on: October 19, 2022, 06:54:46 am »

version 29.0.87 (64 bit)
I don't like the way the Author field displays in the Tag window. When I try to change that in 'Manage Library Fields', I can't. Only "Display" and "Display (plural)" have a white background (editable); all the others have a light yellow background and are not editable. Are only user fields fully editable?

squeedle

• World Citizen
Re: Non-editable library fields
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 01:15:01 pm »

I just made a similar post about "Album Artist" and also got no reply. Frustrating.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 01:21:20 pm »

Are only user fields fully editable?
Yes :)

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 01:40:22 pm »

Is it non-trivial to reconsider making these fields (or some of them) editable?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 02:31:22 pm »

First, let's get everything together for reference...

I just made a similar post about "Album Artist" and also got no reply. Frustrating.
That post is quoted below...
Hi, I'd like to modify the "Album Artist" tag (not "Album Artist (auto)"). I'd like to make it a List instead of String, and I'd like to make it relational - one value per album. Is there any way I can do this? If the field is totally locked down to user modification, can I request a change to that policy please?

Next point of order is, you are both using Media Center v29. Should any possible development changes happen as a result of your requests, they would only happen in MC30, requiring an upgrade to benefit from any potential changes.

As for me, I am just an MC user, same as you guys. I can offer advice, and possibly insight into the use of MC, it's hidden potential, alternative routes to your goals etc. etc., but have little sway or say in the direction MC chooses to travel. Having said all that, JRiver staff do notice most, if not all posts here, and will chime in if they feel they have value to add. All OK?

@ squeedle, your [Album Artist] question is not going to happen. I'll try to reply in your original thread about that.

@ messida... What don't you like about how the Author field displays? What would you edit, if you could?

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up