INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Day in the Life  (Read 359 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
A Day in the Life
« on: October 21, 2022, 06:34:41 pm »

Bob has been working on getting MC30 in place on the JRiver Id.  I asked if I could beta test.  Not normally possible without his loading it manually on my Pi.  He's understandably extremely cautious about anything that could brick a lot of otherwise happy devices.

So today he built a mechanism to allow a download of a new upgrade and be able to revert if needed.  It's hidden on the Id menu.  If you're interested in trying it, please send me an email.  jimh at jriver

The update worked perfectly.

So I hooked up a USB drive, and started playing music.  I'm using JTalk to control it and that's working.  "Alexa, open JTalk."  "Play genre Jazz". 

Then "Display Spotlight" and so on.

Craig added a little color with album art for the newest playlists and that's been fun to watch.

I'm used to using software that doesn't work because I'm always testing beta or worse.  So when it does work as expected, it can be a rush.  It makes me very proud of what we do.

We have some folks asking if we'll ever do anything new for audio.  All these incremental changes and "minor" changes add up sometimes to a quantum leap.

And it's been a beautiful fall evening here. 

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: A Day in the Life
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 06:42:53 pm »

I'm used to using software that doesn't work because I'm always testing beta or worse.  So when it does work as expected, it can be a rush.  It makes me very proud of what we do.

Beautifully put. It's so rewarding to watch a bunch of small, unsure steps culminate in an effortless sprint. I'm not a coder, I cobble stuff together (or have some people I work with write the stuff to spec for me), so I really appreciate these moments.

Glad you're having a lovely evening of music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up