INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying to an Id's internal storage via Samba or MC's Rename , Move and Copy  (Read 1199 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

You can load an Id in one of two ways.  We recommend copying files to the Id's Samba share over the network.

Using Samba

Connect to the Id's IP address with a file browser
   on windows \\1.2.3.4\InternalStorage  (replace 1.2.3.4 with your Id's IP address)
   on Mac smb://1.2.3.4/InternalStorage

On Windows, you may need to change your network from Public to Private in order to use file sharing.

Once connected, drop the files (of any type, audio images or videos) into the media directory with any organizational layout you prefer, MC will automatically import them. Don't overfill the file system.

Using MC's Rename, Move and Copy

You can also use Rename, Move and Copy with an external USB drive connected to the Id.

If you do this, be sure to copy the files into the ournas directory under media/Music. Don't copy directly into the Music (or Pictures or Video) directories on the Id.

You need to copy into the ournas directory to get the files onto the InternalStorage partition

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"

Um... my Id doesn't have an "ournas" folder. Should I be concerned? Can I make one? If so, precisely where?

bob

• Administrator

Um... my Id doesn't have an "ournas" folder. Should I be concerned? Can I make one? If so, precisely where?
There should be a symbolic link from /home/media/Music called ournas to /export/media
If you don't have it, just make sure you put the files in /export/media and then change the import settings in MC to point to there instead of Music in the home directory.

rbmjr

• World Citizen

I copied some music to InternalStorage on the Id (See attached). Then I went to Import and could not find the InternalStorage folder. What am I doing wrong?

bob

• Administrator

I copied some music to InternalStorage on the Id (See attached). Then I went to Import and could not find the InternalStorage folder. What am I doing wrong?
You don't need Rename, Move and Copy.
The normal way of putting files into the Id's storage is to open it in windows like this:
\\1.2.3.4\InternalStorage
(where you replace 1.2.3.4 with the address of your Id)
Which will open that share on the Id.
Under there is a readme which tells you what to do but basically it's to drop the files you want on the Id into the media subfolder.
MC on the Id already has Auto Import setup to grab from media
You can arrange your material however you like under media.
I use audio image and video subfolders but that is just personal preference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up