INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver benchmark heavily reduced [Solved]  (Read 798 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver benchmark heavily reduced [Solved]
« on: October 24, 2022, 02:12:23 pm »

Hi I just tried to do a benchmark in JRiver. I have always got around 8300 points. but now I only get a much poorer result of 4300/4700 points.

What can make such a big change in benchmark.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver benchmark heavily reduced
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 02:57:42 pm »

From your recent posts I see you have been messing quite a lot with your PC, you're seeing a few weird issues. It's possible you have some hardware problem (eg, motherboard issues, disk failing or CPU overheating are just a few possibilities)

Are you using the default Microsoft GPU driver? Did you revert other drivers or install other software? Anything may be causing the slowdown.

Check the CPU usage in Task Manager to see if some app is abusing it. Also check the temperatures. Otherwise I suggest you benchmark the Disk, CPU, Memory and GPU separately with some 3rd party benching tools and compare with the expected results for your hardware.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver benchmark heavily reduced
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 03:13:03 pm »

Thank You for helping. Found the reason. The asrock mainboard monitor/fan/operationmode tool, callled A-tuning was set to saving on operation mode. I thought that benchmark overided this. Now on standard or set to performance benchmark is back to normal.

I started to use it again only to control and set the fans to low noise speed. I did not use this after reinstallation of win 10. I set it to save two days ago. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up