INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simplifying the main tree  (Read 423 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Simplifying the main tree
« on: October 26, 2022, 01:13:58 pm »

I've scoured the Wiki and this forum for this info, and I can't seem to find the answer. But I wager the answer is out there...

How can I simplify the main tree? E.g., How do I remove "Drives & Devices", "Images", and "Services & Plugins"? I never use those. I already enabled Audio Only Mode. As it stands, fully half of the things currently in the tree are entries I never use, so I'd like to clean up and leave only what I actually use. Right-clicking an entry I don't want seems like it should be bring up an option to delete the thing, but no go.

Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Simplifying the main tree
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 01:47:20 pm »

How can I simplify the main tree? E.g., How do I remove "Drives & Devices", "Images", and "Services & Plugins"?

Of those 3, only one of them can be disabled:  Images .  Here's how:

Tools > Options > General > Features > Image Support (uncheck)

You can do the same thing with Video, Data, and anything else you don't need. But it won't remove very much from the tree.  You can collapse the tree entirely with the Pane divider so it disappears from view.  That makes it really simple!  lol

But I suspect you probably don't want to do that.

Another thing that might help you:

I keep several tabs open:

* Player with Playing Now
* Albums
* Another View
* Maybe yet another view

This way I don't ever need to use the tree.  I just switch tabs to the various things that I use all the time.  Like Playing Now, or the Albums view (my two most common).

I also have Startup set to re-open all of my previous tabs so they are always there even after stopping and restarting MC.  Maybe some of this can help you out.

Good luck to you,
Brian.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Re: Simplifying the main tree
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 02:19:34 pm »

I keep several tabs open:

* Player with Playing Now
* Albums
* Another View
* Maybe yet another view

This way I don't ever need to use the tree.  I just switch tabs to the various things that I use all the time.  Like Playing Now, or the Albums view (my two most common).

Great idea. I can work with that. :-)

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up