INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who still only uses JRiver for music?  (Read 367 times)

Mus1c-l0v3r

Who still only uses JRiver for music?
« on: October 27, 2022, 11:07:15 am »

Hi all

Just a curious one as I've just tried to see if there is a thread from other music users out there regarding their configurations!

I'm curious as since JRiver 19 (it might have been earlier version - I've had that many) that I used to use the "Output Format" checkbox checked

Last week I had a bit of a nightmare where I had to re-install windows (happens at least once every few years) where it had a bit of a fit saying it needed important updates and couldn't do them due to me running AudiophileOptimizer/Fidelizer/Process Lasso. Since I've re-installed this time, I've been trying to pull the sound back to what I had before it all went a little pete tong and I feel I may be hearing more than before.

Anyway, for years I've had the used the settings:

Audio:
[DAC USB Audio Wave [Kernel Streaming]]
... Device 32-bit Integer - 0.05 More Responsive

DSP Studio
Output Format (checked)
Output Encoding (None)
Channels (2-channel (Stereo)
Extra (None)
Mixing (No-Mixing or downmixing)
Flat line overflow

Advance: No Dithering

Today though I unchecked the Output Format (which I thought had to be checked) which I guess switches its features off and also checked the (Advanced) Set the Active zone for WDM/AISO-driver Live Playback as I'm using the dedicated AISO driver for my DAC

Although I'm not hearing any differences, Can anyone tell me what I've actually changed in the makeup of JRiver as I've noticed the sound to be a little more impactive and realistic although again, I'm not sure if my ears are lying like they can

I did also used to load the songs into the memory, but again, asked for less as I'm feeling less processing is sometime more

Thanks in advance by an interested party

Pages: [1]   Go Up