INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filenames on disk not changed during Rename, Move, Copy action  (Read 550 times)

romiwar

Filenames on disk not changed during Rename, Move, Copy action
« on: October 28, 2022, 10:24:23 am »

I'm changing my file naming convention to include artists if the artist field is different than the album artist (mostly for compilations).  I'm also removing some punctuation from filenames like a dash between track number and name.
I've set up naming expressions for import and Rename, Move, Copy (incidentally, the custom expressions did NOT transfer when upgrading to MC 30.)  When I select a track/tracks and run Rename, Move, Copy Files, the files are renamed using the defined expressions IN THE LIBRARY but the physical file on disk is NOT renamed.  Now if I try to play such a track, MC tells me the file does not exist (which is correct since the filename in MC library does not match the physical disc filename).
Is this because the directory did not change?  If so, how do I get the library to sync back up with the physical disk?  I have cleaned up a bunch of tags manually so I do not want to reimport.

Thanks,

Rob

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Filenames on disk not changed during Rename, Move, Copy action
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 10:36:28 am »

On the side note if everything didn't transfer (settings and even opened tabs) when upgrade I'd recommend to import library backup from previous version. I have seen couple of reports that upgrade failed to transfer settings but restoring library has fixed it.

Of course if you have make changes after that library was backed up you'd lose those recent changes.

romiwar

Re: Filenames on disk not changed during Rename, Move, Copy action
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 05:23:05 pm »

After manually copying my custom expressions over to MC 30, the move/rename works.  Don't know what was going on with MC 28 but I'm over it  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up