INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems getting Girder Remote working  (Read 944 times)

emcubed

Problems getting Girder Remote working
« on: January 11, 2003, 12:23:22 pm »

I am a newby to getting girder working.

I have an IRA remote interface.  I have downloaded both the Girder plug-in as well as the group file for girder.  The problem I am having is that MJ won't allow me to start the girder plug in if the girder software is already running ... and the girder software won't initialize the IRA remote interface if the girder plug-in is started in MJ.  Catch 22.

I seem to have a failure to communicate.  I do want to use Girder for other stuff as well -- so would prefer not to use other remote plug-ins (which by the way are also giving me some trouble).  Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong???

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems getting Girder Remote working
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2003, 09:27:09 pm »

You might want to do a little more investigation.  There should be no connection between the tasks you're attempting.

The MJ girder plug-in is simply a hidden window that will accept windows messages.  It doesn't care where the messages come from and it doesn't check for the existence of girder.  I can start and stop the plug-in all day long even with girder not installed.

Girder on the other hand doesn't know or care about the MJ girder plug-in.  It's simply another window that can accept messages.   It doesn't even look for the window until you actually trigger a command set to send a message to it.  

Which versions of MJ and Girder are you using?
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

emcubed

Re: Problems getting Girder Remote working
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 03:50:45 am »

Thanks -- after posting I experimented a bit more with the order in which I loaded both Girder and the plug-in.  Somehow (one of those things I can't explain) it is working now!  Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up