INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver stop working when recording one specific channel  (Read 1110 times)

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver stop working when recording one specific channel
« on: November 08, 2022, 11:40:09 am »

When JRiver stops recording one channel it stops working. I have to manualy restart it . It happens on one channel only - I haven't tested all of them anyway- This channel is ARTE a french-german  channel. The .ts recording is still there but the .xml has desapeared. This happen on 2 computers 400 km away  on 2 different tuners. In the channel description I don't see what differ between this channel and the others in terms of video or audio format or else.
This happens on JRiver 29 or 30. I don't know when this has started to happen but I didnrt notice this problem before.
Any Idea how to solve this issue ?
Gabriel

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver stop working when recording one specific channel
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 12:08:11 am »

Update
Now jriver crashes systematically when I start recording on this channel.
It doesn't crash if I record in jtv instead of ts but I prefer ts.
Still have no problem with the other channels, it makes me mad as I don't understant what is specific to the Arte channel .
Gabriel

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 11:55:01 am »

Please turn on logging, and capture a log file for such behavior.

Make sure you restart MC or reset logging right before you start recording, so that the log file will not be too large.  Email me the log.
yaobing at jriver

If the issue started in MC29, it is likely an issue of your hardware.

Also, if you use MC30, because of the new time-shifting method used, your recordings will be in TS even if you configure it to JTV.  I have just made this new time-shifting optional, but the option will be available in the next new build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 07:00:34 pm »

Here is the log. There are 2 crashes because when I restart JRiver I need to cancel the recording.
The crash is systematic on one channel-Arte- only but on 2 computers using different tuners and far away. It may exist for some time as I notice crashes from time to time that I may not have been able to associate to this channel.  I have reinstalled JRiver 28 for test and it does crash also. So it crashes at least on 28 29 and 30 now.

eve

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 07:36:55 pm »

Here is the log. There is 2 crashes because when I restart JRiver I need to cancel the recording.
The crash is systematic on one channel-Arte- only but on 2 computers using different tuner and far away. It may exist for some time as I notice crashes from time to time that I may not have been able to associate to this channel.  I have reinstalled JRiver 28 for test and it does crash also. So it crashes at least on 28 29 and 30 now.

Wild.

I'm so curious what's the root cause of this. 1 channel reliably crashing different machines in different locations is really cool IMO Sucks to deal with but that's a really unique problem. There's no way it's some kind of DRM? Something 'correctly' out of spec to reliably crash tuners without being too out of spec to inhibit legit cable boxes? I have no clue.

Super interested to follow this one

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 12:45:09 pm »

Thanks for the log.  I found an issue which seems to be the cause of crash, at least the crash shown in the log file.  The possible fix will be in build 32 (to be built and released in a few days).

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 02:18:20 am »

I have installed the new MC 30.0.33 on both computers yesterday and their has been no crash since on the channel involved. 
Thank you very much Yaobing, you have once again solved a problem.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2022, 07:47:40 am »

Thanks for reporting back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up