INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Radio Stations  (Read 357 times)

Day Radebaugh

• Junior Woodchuck
MC Radio Stations
« on: November 09, 2022, 03:52:00 pm »

Would like to install radio stations into MC, above and beyond the few already there.  I don't think I want to go the Cloudplay route.  Their selection is limited and it requires yet another subscription.

So that leaves 2 options that I can see.  The first would be to add the url of the home page of a radio station website under the Streaming section, which would then allow you to select the Listen Live button frequently found there.   So far, I have found the addition of website url's to be somewhat unreliable.  Even the ones already installed don't work entirely well, such as Soma.  I think the cautionary language on MC is they don't necessarily integrate well.

The other way is to add a direct stream url from an Internet radio station to the Web Media section of Streaming.  However, in practice these streaming url's are extremely difficult to obtain from the radio station's website.

Any other ideas for adding a broad list of Internet radio stations to MC?

Day Radebaugh

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC Radio Stations
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 10:19:25 am »

I have succeeded in adding the websites of several stations.  Some work, some don't.  However, for those that seem to work, and that I save, the url's don't seem to have been saved from one session to the next.   I click the links that used to work and find a blank url.

Any ideas?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC Radio Stations
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 05:44:17 pm »

I have succeeded in adding the websites of several stations.  Some work, some don't.  However, for those that seem to work, and that I save, the url's don't seem to have been saved from one session to the next.   I click the links that used to work and find a blank url.

Any ideas?
How are you adding them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up