INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HPBEME: re: xml "TAB" section  (Read 1152 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
HPBEME: re: xml "TAB" section
« on: November 13, 2022, 06:18:10 am »

I remember you were curious about these...

A long, long time ago, in a MC version far, far away, a couple of areas of the program options used a 'tabbed' layout. They were basically the same as the current 'GroupBox' stuff, we still have today, but the top border had tabs. These are no longer used. I do not create the images for my skins.

This entire MC9.0 skin consists of 53 files, coming in at a shade under 100 Kb. I've been amusing myself messing around with v9.0. MC's evolution over the past twenty years is fascinating. It creeps by, build by build, and we go along with it, adjusting as we go, so we don't notice so much. This is like 'wow'!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: HPBEME: re: xml "TAB" section
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 06:36:20 pm »

I remember you were curious about these...
I was curious about these mystery tabs! 

I saw the XML entries as well as the corresponding images in the skin folder for every other skin I researched (as reference before I started creating mine). However, I was unable to determine that those images were actually used anywhere with MC loaded.  I had noted in my main+comments.XML file that I assumed these must be legacy items, and you have now confirmed it.  I can delete those entries altogether with confidence that they are definitely not needed. That way, anybody using my skin as a starting point won't have to waste time trying to figure out how/what/where these obscure XML entries/images are used!

Thanks for posting this Marko - provides interesting insight on MC's skin history. You are indeed… The Skin King!
Pages: [1]   Go Up