INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D support in 2022  (Read 1139 times)

TorqW

• World Citizen
3D support in 2022
« on: November 14, 2022, 04:21:05 am »

Hi all,

Still enjoying 3D in 2022 thanks to MC/MadVR and the following which makes 3D easy:

1) Losti3d’s awesome tool for installing nvidia card 3d vision drivers: https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=25361

2) Sledgehammer to stop windows automatically installing the latest nvidia drivers and breaking 3d vision

3) this post to get rid of MC 3d presentation glitches (thank you tij): https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130232.msg908822.html#msg908822

I appreciate that 3D media is difficult to find (unless you live in Japan or Germany), but I am amazed no one has come up with a solution for the latest UHD 4k TVs given their pretty widespread 120hz capabilities.

Surely all it would take is an hdmi box with built-in RF transmitter (for the active glasses - which are still in plentiful supply by the likes of hi-shock etc) that would recognise a 3d signal and present the images sequentially (with 120hz there’s plenty of overhead for a 24fps movies) and sync the glasses accordingly.
Amazed no one’s done this yet given the amount of 3D media people already own.

Hopefully, we see this materialising in 2023! (Especially as many of the 3D TVs bought 2012-2016 are now nearing their end-of-life).
Anyway, hope springs eternal!

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 3D support in 2022
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 07:03:30 pm »

Those TVs in 2016 are not EOL yet :)   I have two -- LG OLED C6.  Both are still under 10K hours.

However - I have now started to watch 3D in full 1080p glory on my Valve Index VR headset (with Media Center processing the audio).  There is some incredible software on Steam and the dev seems as passionate as JRiver.  He's even added native DSD support and output via DAC!  He's adding MVC decoding support too, but for now I still use Media Center to process the MVC into SBS (full res) via MadVR and then "mirror" it to my Valve Index.  Damn... 

Nothing replaces Media Center for audio, but it is nice to see 3D video support continue.  Shame Media Center JRVR does not intend to add 3D support, but good MadVR+Lav still does, so there's that...

Viva la 3D!

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables
Pages: [1]   Go Up