INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Playback Stuck/Displays "Locating" JRiver Hangs/Seems to be Audio Issue  (Read 269 times)

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen

I had just moved some video files to network drive.  Library imported these files no issues.  But, when attempting playback of video files, the video would never start playback and JRiver indicated "locating" at top of screen. I initially thought this was network issue.

JRiver was completely hung.  Even when I could get JRiver to close up, there would still be an instance of it that needed to be closed via task manager.

Turns out that a misconfiguration of audio causes the problem.  I had it set to 2 channel playback without selecting upmixing or downmixing.   Not sure if network drive contributes to the issue.

Now that I figured it out, it's not a problem, but this one confused me for a while. 

Hopefully this can be duplicated and fixed.

Video is 7.1 dts audio (and on network drive, but not sure that is relevant)
These videos are all MakeMKV backups
Start playback with audio configured for 2 channels and no upmix or downmix
JRiver displays "Locating" at top as part of info at top of screen, and JRiver is unresponsive

Thanks

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I'm trying to play a 7.1 channel movie to 2 channels with no upmixing and it works as expected.  Any other clues?  Thanks.

Make sure you're running the latest build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Not having a 7.1 audio to test, so I tried a movie with 5.1 AC3 audio.  Converting to 2 channel without mixing worked fine for me too.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen

Well, it now works fine for me.  I've gone from being able to reproduce at will to I can't make it happen. 
I can't explain.

Enjoy the slow week at JRiver and more importantly holiday with family :)

Thanks for looking at this. 

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h
Pages: [1]   Go Up