INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FYI...If you have an Nvidia gpu and are upgrading to Fedora 37, plrease read...  (Read 594 times)

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe

I'd been using MC 30 on Fedora 36 with no issues.  When I upgraded to Fedora 37 however, I got no video rendering, just a white background, with both the JRVR and opengl renderers.  After much gnashing of teeth and reading of logs, I concluded that Vulkan wasn't finding the real Nvidia Quadro K1200 video card, only the "llvmpipe" virtual card.  Ultimately, I had to blacklist the nouveau kernel driver and install the kmod-nvidia and xorg-x11-drv-nvidia drivers from rpmfusion-nonfree.   I'm not sure what the root cause of the issue was but it's working now and I didn't feel like investigating further.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

BryanC

• MC Beta Team

My best guess is this was due to the libva hw acceleration deprecation in mesa-va-drivers (patents). I'm monitoring the situation but will probably add mesa-va-drivers-freeworld from rpmfusion to installJRMC when I get a chance.

RemyJ

My best guess is this was due to the libva hw acceleration deprecation in mesa-va-drivers (patents). I'm monitoring the situation but will probably add mesa-va-drivers-freeworld from rpmfusion to installJRMC when I get a chance.

Ah good info, thanks.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

BryanC

• MC Beta Team

installJRMC will now install mesa-va-drivers-freeworld automatically on Fedora/CentOS to restore HW acceleration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up