INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung S22 sync with JRiver 22 playlist  (Read 1119 times)

def333

• Recent member
Samsung S22 sync with JRiver 22 playlist
« on: November 23, 2022, 04:46:13 pm »

If I have missed the answer to this, my apologies, I've searched and searched and found nothing.

I have been using JRiver for years and years, but don't interact with other devices often - typically for a sync of mass music with and new device. I haven't upgraded beyond version 22 as I just felt there was no need to at this time.

With my recent acquisition of a Samsung S22 phone, I am going non-SD card for the first time ever (for a phone). I had a previous playlist curated for my old S10 which I used to sync with. I renamed it and tried to tie with my phone. It was just too much and crashed the software. So I created a new playlist to sync with and am trying to slowly add more songs to it. Upon recheck sync, I currently find it putting songs in the "In Queue" which are already on the device and then error out when trying to process. (Windows 11 pc)

Another issue is that while I'd love to delete what's not in the selected playlist and go slow and clean, I fear it will delete all the core files off my phone as many show up in the JRiver list.

Any answers, suggestions, input is greatly appreciated as I have a HUGE music collection and do not want to rely on the internet to delivery tunes I want when I want.

Best,
The Doug

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Samsung S22 sync with JRiver 22 playlist = near tears
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 05:02:24 pm »

You just got a very expensive new phone and you're trying to use inexpensive software that's 8 versions out of date. Download the latest version of JRiver and use it in trial mode. If it solves your problem spend $30 on the upgrade.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Samsung S22 sync with JRiver 22 playlist
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 06:03:34 pm »

Check the phone's settings for the USB connection.  It should allow file transfer.

Deleting a song from a playlist doesn't delete it from your library.

def333

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 08:44:59 pm »

Thank you for the doink on the head,. That was a no-brainer path I just whiffed on.

That said, while things are definitely running smoother, they are still buggy. I don't need/want my Nest/Instagram/etc media files showing up in the list. I also don't want them deleted if I choose the "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list" checkbox in options. I wish there was a way to target my sync options against cellphone://Music/JRiver/ path. Or I'm missing how.

You just got a very expensive new phone and you're trying to use inexpensive software that's 8 versions out of date. Download the latest version of JRiver and use it in trial mode. If it solves your problem spend $30 on the upgrade.

def333

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 08:47:36 pm »

Thank you. It's transferring files, just not the way I was hoping/expecting. More so, I'm worried about files getting deleted from other folders (Nest/Instagram/etc) on my cell phone. Maybe I'm just missing something obv, or I'm more of an edge case, which has been known to happen.

Check the phone's settings for the USB connection.  It should allow file transfer.

Deleting a song from a playlist doesn't delete it from your library.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 09:24:15 pm »

Are you saying that nest files are included in the MC library? If so check your auto import settings.

def333

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 10:43:01 am »

Holiday break over.

No. It reads all system files on my phone. In the past when I had an SD card, I used to target my MC playlist to the Music folder of my phone's SD card. Then I'd be able to easily sync a specific MC playlist I created to the phone no matter what I added or removed. I fear if I do that here, it'll delete my phones media files from other sources. What I was expecting/hoping was to be able to tell MC that when it recognized my phone, only look in the specific Music folder and nothing outside of that.

Maybe the attached pic will help where my wording is unclear. Happily, after upgrading, the issue of music being put into queue which was also listed as on device seems to be rectified thus far.

Thanks

Are you saying that nest files are included in the MC library? If so check your auto import settings.

graham23

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 02:36:45 am »

I have a new phone and am looking to sync files via JRiver to my phone. It has taken me an age to set up the phone, and I have copied files (photos) from my old phone to the new one. The last thing I want is for JRiver to literally "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list". Technically, those images I have put onto my new phone are NOT on the sync list, so I fear that JRiver will delete them. Very unlikely, but the message was a tad unclear and made me nervous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up