INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag info for two movies with the same name  (Read 568 times)

sgfrisbee

• Recent member
Tag info for two movies with the same name
« on: November 24, 2022, 03:04:34 am »

I have two movies (Journey to the Center of the Earth - 1959 and 2008) that jriver keep using the same TheMovieDB series ID for both movies. What do I need to do that will stop this from happening.  The 1959 movie ID - 11571 and 2008 movie ID - 88571.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tag info for two movies with the same name
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 10:58:02 am »

Change the Media Sub Type to "Movie", clear the TheMovieDb Series ID field (and Series/Episode fields too).
You should also take the year out of the Name (leave both with same name) and put it in the Year field instead. The then Get Movie&TV Info should work. If not, you can also populate the IMDB ID field with tt0052948/tt0373051.

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 05:38:39 pm »

Agreed, ensuring you have an IMDB ID is my preferred method to ensure correct movie matching / metadata fetching. Even for software that uses TMDB (I'd say the vast majority out there, IMDB API access is very expensive), it's relevant because on TMDB, for pretty much every movie the average viewer will come across, there will be a matching IMDB ID associated with the item. IMDB is more authoritative and it's metadata is significantly more comprehensive. It's a good 'shared' ID to use that has a solid chance of working across a number of different metadata providers should that ever be something you delve into.

sgfrisbee

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 06:47:24 pm »

Change the Media Sub Type to "Movie", clear the TheMovieDb Series ID field (and Series/Episode fields too).
You should also take the year out of the Name (leave both with same name) and put it in the Year field instead. The then Get Movie&TV Info should work. If not, you can also populate the IMDB ID field with tt0052948/tt0373051.

That did not work.  Tried removing IMDB ID for both movies and only using TMDB ID but that did not work also. Maybe it is a bug in jriver software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up