INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center & Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX6  (Read 275 times)

jtownsend77

JRiver Media Center & Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX6
« on: November 28, 2022, 08:59:28 am »

Hi, I am helping a user of your software.  He is senior citizen and visually impaired.  He wants to be able to use JRiver Media Center with Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX6

When its connected to PC and he tries to play a song or video he gets this error.

Something went wrong with playback.

Details:
Playback counld not be started on the output Direct Sound using the format 44.1 kHz 2ch

The output format may not be supported by your hardware.  YOu can use DSP Studio to change the output to a compatible format.

Also make sure your system has a valid sound playback device and that its properly configured in playback options.

If i follow these steps the only way music will play is by selecting the PCs soundcard as the output but then thats not using the Pioneer DJ.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas I can try?  Is it perhaps the device is just not compatible? 

Thank you in advance for any comments or help people are able to offer.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Media Center & Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX6
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 09:10:50 am »

Pioneer DJ controllers aren't really designed to be used with general purpose music players.  You can probably get playback to work.  I'll detail that in just a moment.  But, even if you get playback to work, it's unlikely that any of the other DJ features will work:  Play, Cue, jog, tone controls.  Certainly the loops and other effects won't work. 

I wonder if your customer is expecting DJ functionality or not.  If not, I have to wonder why they would want to use this deck with MC?

On to how to make it play:  The error you see is almost certainly because the DDJ wants to see 48kHz audio and it is seeing 44.1kHz audio.  You can manually set all playback rates to 48kHz using the DSP Studio (Player > DSP Studio > Output format).

Or, more easily, just set MC to auto configure it:

Tools > Options > Audio > Advanced > auto configure settings on playback error > YES

Good luck to you and your customer.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up